Quantcast

%@% Midwocke%@^

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I now have slightly less disdain for people who go through airport security with random shit in their carry-ons.

Just got my bag searched, bc I left a bunch of v-blocks, a jeweler’s vice and a suspension link from a gostraightturnleft car in my backpack. Derp.
Random shit is somewhat understandable... but firearms? Fuck those morans.

"I forgot that pistol was in my bag."

:rolleyes: :mad:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I won’t speak to the likelihood of me carrying a firearm accidentally. That’s my business and not public forum material.

However, I do occasionally work with arms, ammo and accessory companies. Barrels, firing pins, primers, casings and optics regularly cross my desk. In general I try to avoid carrying anything work hardware related in my carry on, but this got me thinking. What if I were carrying a NIST SRM for bullet comparator calibration? It’s a cal standard that looks like a bullet. What if I’d been carrying something that looked a little less benign.

It was a wake up call. I fly afuckload and got careless…

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
tax retun showed up....
"refund", pls. return is the thing you sent to them weeks ago
i'm evaluating a total career change.
to what?
I get that, but not very many have the history I do nor have seen people as I have thus I tend to err on the side of preparation rather than being a victim.
but you only have so many appendages with which to shoot 'em, no? surely you have more than that.

/me is downing clear liquids today. AM WFH shift done. time to get a hitch put on the leased Busy Forks at Lampert

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I was in by 6:30, got my 'do did at 8 and was back for my meeting at 9:30. Our HR lady brought her dog in. She wasn't aware the door for HR is auto locked and had her phone and keys with her dog locked in the office.

I got a hold of the CEO in chat and there is a spare key in the storage room. Disaster averted.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I won’t speak to the likelihood of me carrying a firearm accidentally. That’s my business and not public forum material.

However, I do occasionally work with arms, ammo and accessory companies. Barrels, firing pins, primers, casings and optics regularly cross my desk. In general I try to avoid carrying anything work hardware related in my carry on, but this got me thinking. What if I were carrying a NIST SRM for bullet comparator calibration? It’s a cal standard that looks like a bullet. What if I’d been carrying something that looked a little less benign.

It was a wake up call. I fly afuckload and got careless…
I once went through airport security with a laser bore sight and my ear protection in a bag, both of which seemed to set off every sensor they had.
#smartguy

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I used to get enhanced interrogation when traveling with sourdough loaves

Meanwhile drunk and dumb is no way to go through life, despite the fact that it's worked for me:

1714583772120.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Offer acquired. Not great, but I'm already moving over to the top of the range (derp) and they want me to use it as a year to get acclimated to using my CFP skills daily. Still should be a pretty substantial eoy overall raise. Need to talk with Wifey, but the opportunity is worth it, so I'll 99% likelihood take it.

My wind down/completion of tasks effort just went through the roof.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Offer acquired. Not great, but I'm already moving over to the top of the range (derp) and they want me to use it as a year to get acclimated to using my CFP skills daily. Still should be a pretty substantial eoy overall raise. Need to talk with Wifey, but the opportunity is worth it, so I'll 99% likelihood take it.

My wind down/completion of tasks effort just went through the roof.
RIP your boss's sanity

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Random shit is somewhat understandable... but firearms? Fuck those morans.

"I forgot that pistol was in my bag."

:rolleyes: :mad:
Last time I flew back from Australia just before security I found a pinch of weed in a cigarette pack in the bottom pocket of my backpack that apparently was there when I left Portland. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I asked Haley if she knew what today was the anniversary of. I gave her a lead that it was 30 years ago and one of the most important dates in racing history. She sat on it for about 20sec, so I added that it involved Imola. Instant reaction "Senna." No hesitation; absolute confidence.

It's not just about driving the kart for her anymore. It's become racing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I asked Haley if she knew what today was the anniversary of. I gave her a lead that it was 30 years ago and one of the most important dates in racing history. She sat on it for about 20sec, so I added that it involved Imola. Instant reaction "Senna." No hesitation; absolute confidence.

It's not just about driving the kart for her anymore. It's become racing.
That's cool but