Quantcast

Races? No! Hospital? Yes! GMT

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Just took a down payment on my track car. Conflicted feelings. I love that car but got a great price for it. It’s totally worth it, though given the condition.

Guy will fly down to pick it up in a couple weeks and I’m glad it’s going to someone who will appreciate it.

It’s pretty weird to be happy and completely bummed out at the same time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had to go to the Xfinity store to cancel service because you cannot do it online and I kept getting 'disconnected' when I called. Stood in line for 45 minutes watching them rip off senior citizens. Girl behind the counter tried giving me the run around, I didn't have to say a word and she gave up. I assume she saw the rage veins about to burst from my forehead.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just took a down payment on my track car. Conflicted feelings. I love that car but got a great price for it. It’s totally worth it, though given the condition.

Guy will fly down to pick it up in a couple weeks and I’m glad it’s going to someone who will appreciate it.

What is it?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Just got back from my third ride of the year. Somehow during the ride, some fucker replaced the bones in my legs with rubber, and I'm not sure when and how they did it. Did not realize until the ride was done and I tried to get off the bike.

Not pretty. :busted:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got back from my third ride of the year. Somehow during the ride, some fucker replaced the bones in my legs with rubber, and I'm not sure when and how they did it. Did not realize until the ride was done and I tried to get off the bike.

Not pretty. :busted:
Fell over and not even clipped in? :rofl:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
This Robin keeps hopping up to me in the backyard, chirping, and then going to the fence. Comes back, repeats etc. Can't see anything wrong though, perhaps just being a dick?
It's telling you to push your drunk mother in law down the stairs.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Somehow I thought today was Sunday (my day off) and not Saturday when I start work at 3 pm. This morning after a few chores were completed, I drove to Stewart Airport to hit the trails with my new Stumpjumper. I had a great time until 4:30 pm on my drive home when I realized it was Saturday. On the bright side, the bike was amazing, and even with weak spring legs, I cleaned areas I have struggled with in the past.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What a shitshow. You're going to have to get one of those old person catapults from Gremlins.
We got my mom a medic alert button. She fell and didn't press the button because she thought it would know she fell (then why is there a button?). Then she fell again and the button was behind her and she couldn't push it. We put her in a home after that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Practice was good. Glad we made the trip because we spent 1.5hrs doing race prep service work. She got in 2 practice sessions and is only .3sec (1min lap) off the rest of the group that was there all day Friday and today, and after I lay sleeping for 6hrs.

I got a buddy's truck, so Hannah is with us tomorrow. MIL is back at home. She's walking around fine, but very sore and slow. We talked for a while about the alcohol level and some miscellaneous body characteristics that she has, which are all signs of alcohol withdrawal. When Wifey gets back, they will be working with the GP to see if they can put together a safe and healthy strategy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I accidently cross threaded the top cap of a fork I was servicing. I realized 3 turns in I had effed up. I was tired and pushed through to get my work done.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

Does he work on an offshore oil rig?