Quantcast

What have you broken on your bike recently?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Or the hundreds of kits that don't require re-dishing, just space over your rotor. I even got one for centerlock that finally works with my DT 180. Previously I had made my own spacers and was just getting enough engagement of the lockring, but it wasn't great and kinda heavy because the spacers were brass. But now it's even better. I'm not junking wheelsets that work perfectly fine.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Or the hundreds of kits that don't require re-dishing, just space over your rotor. I even got one for centerlock that finally works with my DT 180. Previously I had made my own spacers and was just getting enough engagement of the lockring, but it wasn't great and kinda heavy because the spacers were brass. But now it's even better. I'm not junking wheelsets that work perfectly fine.
Plz provide link for the guy

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oh right the wheel...

Its not the most elegant solution, but would this work?

You'd just need to get the rear wheel dish adjusted...or I guess just run it and see if it rubs?
I suppose that'll be an option. I have spacers on my front hub, so why not the back?!

Though I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, I'll see what Transition says... last time I got a replacement, the warranty guy said they still had plenty of replacement seat stays in stock... fingers crossed that's still the case.

A buddy of mine figures he could bond a piece of aluminum there and wrap it in carbon fibre... that might get me through the season?! who knows... but he built himself an airplane, and actually flies in it, so I trust his workmanship :D !

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I suppose that'll be an option. I have spacers on my front hub, so why not the back?!

Though I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, I'll see what Transition says... last time I got a replacement, the warranty guy said they still had plenty of replacement seat stays in stock... fingers crossed that's still the case.

A buddy of mine figures he could bond a piece of aluminum there and wrap it in carbon fibre... that might get me through the season?! who knows... but he built himself an airplane, and actually flies in it, so I trust his workmanship :D !
frikken eh?!!! they got back to me, and have replacements in stock! Man I love that company... there's no doubt my next bike will also be a Transition.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Most recently, I cracked a rim on my XC race wheelset...a 290g rim that I had beat to hell and back through 5-6 years, so no skin off my back there, but set up 142 with DT 240 front hub and 180 rear, in other words, nice hubs. So to build a comparable wheelset at a similar weight and just a bit wider to be more modern...I'd be looking at $2000-2500...to make it "boost". Or I can buy rims, use the same spacer kits I've always used...save literally thousands. I'll use the spacers. I have an MRP "better boost" spacer on the front that spaces over the brake adapter, so the front rotor doesn't need a spacer. CL can be tricky, but if you have 6-bolt, these things are dirt cheap and easy, no reason not to IME, unless you just want to throw away perfectly good wheels or you have a better reason.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What do you think, bendable back?

Either way, going to find out after I crack this beer. Gotta ride tomorrow and it's a holiday weekend, ain't nobody got time for not riding!

:edit:
These stupid plastic cane creek spacers too. Good thing I'm sitting here looking at the bike. And I had just replaced the top ones with metal units on Tuesday. Close call there eh.

Last edited: