Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yeah, the EV3 would probably be just right. As long as it has more trunk space than the Kona. A buddy of mine has the Kona, and it's just that little bit too small for our weekly needs....
Pre-2024 Kona? 2024 redone one seems to have grown. And looks a lot better imo, in a robot-style way.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
To me it looks like there is a structure a structure in the picture that I would consider is a frame? I would never expect the panel to be anything but a cover of the actual structure?

I know hating Tesla is cool these days but fake news is not cool.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm no engineer, but isn't that by design? I thought the steel panels were supposed to be structural?
If they are structural I would hope they wouldn't pop off like that.
To me it looks like there is a structure a structure in the picture that I would consider is a frame? I would never expect the panel to be anything but a cover of the actual structure?

I know hating Tesla is cool these days but fake news is not cool.
at the intro event it was said it was going to be a monocoque

but ultimately it's not, so the panels are indeed not structural.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Saw one of these things last night.

Looks like the stay puffed marshmallow man left a turd on the street.

Yo @Pesqueeb! You replaced the front sway bar links on that CX-5 of yours? If so... was it as easy as the videos seem to indicate?

ETA: local shop wants $250 to replace them... which seems a bit high from the looks of the procedure...
Front shocks and brakes and what have you, but that actual job, no. I can't imagine it's difficult.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
at the intro event it was said it was going to be a monocoque

but ultimately it's not, so the panels are indeed not structural.

With the exception of most trucks and probably some Chrylser products all cars today are of monocoque or unibody construction.

That being said rear quarter panels are usually part of the structure but not always. As they are the most commonly damaged you want those easily replaced not to mention not compromising structural integrity from denting a fender. The external parts of the car that are part of the unibody are the pillars, roof, and believe it or not, the windshield.

1715911374486.png

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
With the exception of most trucks and probably some Chrylser products all cars today are of monocoque or unibody construction.
the only Chrysler product these days is the Pacifica. which is definitely unibody.

for all my (body on frame) Land Cruiser's various traits, I can't fault its road isolation abilities. even with KO2s no doubt thrumming away at the road surface barely any makes it up into the cabin.

the Town Car/Crown Vic was the last body on frame car proper.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

In my experience car batteries last 5 years. I am pushing 6 years on mine so I should probably start parking in places where I can roll downhill and pop start the thing.