Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
yeah; something like a marsh guard looks fine, but a more substantial bolt on (like factory fox fenders, which i run full time) appear to be no bueno. bit of an oversight, i'd say.

Yeeeeah... so much for my Mudhugger fender and my hard-to-find bolt on adapter for it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeah; something like a marsh guard looks fine, but a more substantial bolt on (like factory fox fenders, which i run full time) appear to be no bueno. bit of an oversight, i'd say.

Such a good idea. I am sure people will use that just like they do the carry on bag sizers in airports.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
yeah, first lift shenanigans should be entertaining. cutting off zip tied fenders is no big thang, but you need a socket & micro a/k to pull a fox, and what, you didn't bring bleed valve washers with you?? guess a fender removal station will be the next thing.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I just read that instagram post by Whistler Bike Park. Basically says "some fenders will work, some won't. If yours doesn't, go buy a different one". LOL.

This was added on Pinkbike. Looks like those two flared bumpers are what your fork is supposed to rest one. Meanwhile this person's bike is resting on the fender:

in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - photo by leelau - Pinkbike
That design is supposed to work by letting your fork touch the rack? :|

I don't care what those bumpers are made of, it could be cashmere goats ass hair, there ain't no way that won't scratch up your lowers.

The park here has similar trays, but your bike simply hangs from the wheel and clears any fender. The wheel tips a bit, but no part of the fork or anything touches it*.

*not supposed to anyways, I scratched my brand new fork on one, that has wider trays and allows the front wheel to flop over a few inches more.

Now is Chris Kovariks chance to make custom bolt on fenders that are Whitler lift approved™. The STFU Guard, if you will.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I'm not sure what that rack is supposed to do. Based on the video I posted, the weight of the bike rests on the fender which makes contact with the rack. Take the fender off, it looks like the fork would rest on those bumpers. I'm sure by tonight there will be more on this.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
IMG_5242.jpeg
That design is supposed to work by letting your fork touch the rack? :|

I don't care what those bumpers are made of, it could be cashmere goats ass hair, there ain't no way that won't scratch up your lowers.

The park here has similar trays, but your bike simply hangs from the wheel and clears any fender. The wheel tips a bit, but no part of the fork or anything touches it*.

*not supposed to anyways, I scratched my brand new fork on one, that has wider trays and allows the front wheel to flop over a few inches more.

Now is Chris Kovariks chance to make custom bolt on fenders that are Whitler lift approved™. The STFU Guard, if you will.
THE fenders are so back.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City

They had these types of racks at Windham Bike Park in New York last year. It was not an issue at all, the weight of the bike pulled the top clamp down and held the hundreds of bikes securely last summer.

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
THE, the most SEO-unoptimized brand name of all time.

Business bro: Uh, I’d like to trademark my brand name.

USPTO: That’s sick bro, what is your company called?

Bro: It’s called the.

USPTO: …
I had to search “Toby Henderson enterprise mud fender” to find the beautiful example above