Quantcast

Any Gardeners in the house?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Tuff stuff I heard the carrots grow so long they regulate it so they only have one patch and that's why we have rockey mountains and they have baby carrots their potatoes make the Appalachian bulge.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"My brother was killed in the Moutua Gardens protest. My uncle lost an arm in the 1981 Spring Bok-choi Riots. My sisters were arrested and thrown into prison, without trial, by a police-led mob after they were discovered re-potting gardenias. Every day I live in fear, alienated by my community for having relatives marked by the Green Thumb. I envy the dead..."

Gold Jerry, gold!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
"My brother was killed in the Moutua Gardens protest. My uncle lost an arm in the 1981 Spring Bok-choi Riots. My sisters were arrested and thrown into prison, without trial, by a police-led mob after they were discovered re-potting gardenias. Every day I live in fear, alienated by my community for having relatives marked by the Green Thumb. I envy the dead..."

Gold Jerry, gold!

in a random coincidence at the Moutua Gardens incident (a real event) the police were led by my uncle Alex Waugh who was the Whanganui police commissioner at the time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had no idea. Interesting but sad turn of events. NZ sure is a interesting place. Did not know that mostly NZ troops died at Gallipoli either

Last edited:
So what happened in the end? Did the crown recognize their sovereignty over the land?
"Within ten months, a tripartite agreement was made between the Crown, the council and the local Māori. They all agreed to cancel the vesting of the Gardens in the Council and give the title back to the Crown. They then jointly managed the Gardens, which returned to its historic reserve status."

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Laura is a Master Gardner....like no, shit has the title & did what she had too.
Can grow veggies & houseplants like a champ but is slowly killing the Bonsai I just got her. :confused:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I try to grow hot peppers. They grow and grow. The peppers show up and a week later they die. It has happened to me twice.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I just read the link.
I dont get it.
but thought this was kinda funny...
And please no hate I know this question might be insulting to some of you.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I try to grow hot peppers. They grow and grow. The peppers show up and a week later they die. It has happened to me twice.
I have a tough time growing hot peppers in the climate here. My mom had a habanero plant back home that was about 8 years old and put out the most amazing peppers every year. I was lucky to get about a dozen habs off 2 plats this year. The really hot peppers have wicked long grow cycles and we just don't get 100+ days of 70+ temps here. :rofl:

I did ghost chilies one year and they took like 120 days. I started them indoors and had them in pots. I brought them back indoors around September and the peppers didn't turn until the end of October. They were damn good, but WAY too much work.