Quantcast

Bielsko Biała/Szczyrk WC 2024 Race for the golden pierogi.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
just nao tuning into Max. Women's are up.

Whodathunk they'd have 2 gingers doing some color comentary? (Gwin and Josh). The wife was like, what? Are they brothers? Ha

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
greg in the booth was interesting. he didn't add much, imo. asa killing it in finals...had to stop watching the livestream with 4 to go, so waiting for the recast to come up on tiz. loic did not look pleased to be dusted by dunne. tough luck for mcnab...from the results, looks like dak stepped off too. amazing save by hatton (i think it was hatton?)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
the spanish commentators are describing what they see. decent, but not as good as Greg and Aaron together on the english broadcast. they speculated Troy lost time to Coulanges in the bottom natural part because he's lighter...
Did they take copious amounts of drugs? Also Troy lost time at the top but also seemed much less comitted in the bottom forrest. Coulanges was flying here.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Greg did have a few good points from what I heard (caught the last few riders live) that dumbfuck just talked over, and Gwin then agreed with. Like Loris getting a bit tight after his drift, or Dak's crash coming from crossing the main rut (not just that it was muddy there).

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Did they take copious amounts of drugs? Also Troy lost time at the top but also seemed much less comitted in the bottom forrest. Coulanges was flying here.
I just watched a little bit of the race since I was at my son's basketball game, and all I have to say is the Spanish commentary made as much sense as a couple of street sweepers describing a curling game.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Greg did have a few good points from what I heard (caught the last few riders live) that dumbfuck just talked over, and Gwin then agreed with. Like Loris getting a bit tight after his drift, or Dak's crash coming from crossing the main rut (not just that it was muddy there).
The top part was a bit greasy

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The best was when Gwin was about to give his input or was talking and buddy there would come out of nowhere and say "he's on ripper, HEY GREG WHAT DO YOU THINK???" FFS let gwin finish.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The best was when Gwin was about to give his input or was talking and buddy there would come out of nowhere and say "he's on ripper, HEY GREG WHAT DO YOU THINK???" FFS let gwin finish.
Who is that guy? They hired Kate who actually has some media training and instead they have someone who has less focus than an adhd person on cocaine?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Erm... Coke is actually calming and helps improve focus when you have ADHD.
And our all time favourite DH commentator has ADHD
Fairly sure Ric McLaughlin doesn't. You are on about Ric right?
Who's Kate?
Ooooh... a squirrel

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Myriam and Gwin's commentary for the womens was awesome. They notice so many more details than Ric did.

Great race, top result. Hope to see that track again in the future.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Highlight for me had to be Angel Suarez's slide into the berm... Some of the camera angles were awesome. (Too bad they sold the rights to Flosports here in Canada, as I'd pay for this product - for a reasonable amount)
I replayed that slide several times. It's insane that he kept his feet up for it

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I have to say, as much as I like seeing Brook Macdonald ride, the mondraker team changes on the off season have gone pretty well haven’t they.

Much like the Kolb/Hatton surprise combo of last season, 2024 may be the year of Dunne/Dak.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
it was almost like they told ric to groom greg to take over next year...greg wouldn't say shit but once a run ric would add "right greg" or "what do you think greg" to prompt him. once you notice it, it is painful. gwin's great with the analysis. they just need a "color" guy who gets genuinely stoked now. i recommend @jackalope on fake purple drank. tahnee was good and myriam was better this time.

i'ma watch for free no matter what unless some part of my fee goes to pay the riders; either waty, i'd rather listen to something decent than mute it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
it was almost like they told ric to groom greg to take over next year...greg wouldn't say shit but once a run ric would add "right greg" or "what do you think greg" to prompt him. once you notice it, it is painful. gwin's great with the analysis. they just need a "color" guy who gets genuinely stoked now. i recommend @jackalope on fake purple drank. tahnee was good and myriam was better this time.

i'ma watch for free no matter what unless some part of my fee goes to pay the riders; either waty, i'd rather listen to something decent than mute it.
Not sure if he was throwing shade but Ric said something to Minnaar along the lines of having Gwinn show him something about the next step in his career. Implying Gwinn was done and Greg will soon be.

Amazed and happy that kid who went head first into a tree got back up.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Erm... Coke is actually calming and helps improve focus when you have ADHD.
And our all time favourite DH commentator has ADHD
Fairly sure Ric McLaughlin doesn't. You are on about Ric right?
Who's Kate?
Ooooh... a squirrel
Erm,you Favorite,or “who you would like to win” did it! Fucking Cunt,that is amazing,I am soo Happy for him Gary. Nothing will give him New Life like a Win! I can not understand how you are not saying somfing? Why are you being so quiet? It’s OK Brother,Have a Lash!

What is really cool is I was watching Wyn YT on Track Walk and he found Ronan and I thought of you Gary. I did not know he had a BMX skilz? I said to my self,this Track may be to his liking? I swear to you that my Mind said he is going to win. Then I thought,that is a stretch Avy,but it was in my Gut,so I did not question it..Then the Fucker Win’s! I swear,whenever that Gut feeling comes,and I never know when? I have learnt to listen to it. Good for you and Ronan!

I have only seen bits of the Race,looking for more.

I have 2 thoughts on the track.

1 The Track was different,smooth,like BMX,never seen a Track like that,save for AUS Worlds?

2 Those Poles they had marking the Track. They were Death Poles? Metal? I saw some were not,but most were Metal. I seent 1Rider hit it and got Bucked. Fucking if they went Airborne and came Down on it,it would go right through there Body like a knife? Killing them. I hear no one speaking of this?

Avy

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
There was one section where I kept swearing the riders had crossed a pole or ridden over it, but seems like it was an optical illusion or something