Quantcast

Fort William 2024 Race

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Firmly against the rider who’s just been down speaking over the next riders run.

Golf is played over 18 holes, with multiple shots per hole, multiple people playing, sometimes over multiple days depending on the course/event. theres a lot of filler time.

DH is a 4 minute run, where they don’t even televise the whole run. The commentators should be able to slot in the odd “and that’s where Previous Rider went inside to gain time, and where Top Contender went outside in qualifying to better set up for the jump section” style feedback.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
The issue of skinsuits isnt in WC level, or Gary’s grudge against Peaty. But the fact fat Ebikers are going to be littering the green trail heads in it.
Super impressed with Asa and Frameworks. New Zealand also, in a year or 2 will be the filling top 10’s in Elite.
Good to see my prediction of Troy being on it to be right.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Firmly against the rider who’s just been down speaking over the next riders run.

Golf is played over 18 holes, with multiple shots per hole, multiple people playing, sometimes over multiple days depending on the course/event. theres a lot of filler time.

DH is a 4 minute run, where they don’t even televise the whole run. The commentators should be able to slot in the odd “and that’s where Previous Rider went inside to gain time, and where Top Contender went outside in qualifying to better set up for the jump section” style feedback.
Yeah, I get that. Point taken. I've been watching these things for a looooong time. Let me add a bit more to my suggestion.

I care about fast bikes and fast riders. And just love bikes. And mountains, and dirt and stuff and things all mtb.

If someone is clearly in the red. Why not talk to someone? This is where I saw what the golf peeps were doing. No disrespect to the other riders, hence the split screen. But I am paying to be entertained. Am I not? Bring it. You can do it. Let the kids play.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ha...figure vali would be on a idler set up...somewhere somehow some little bird chirped that there was one floating around last month over seas...
Good to see YT moving around a bit and venturing into different set ups ...
That high pivot YT has been around for a while, Jack Moir has shown it a bunch on his channel, going back to December'ish.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
That high pivot YT has been around for a while, Jack Moir has shown it a bunch on his channel, going back to December'ish.
Someone and I were going over if she would be high pivot idler being what she was killing it on ..I've seen the other as well when it was under wraps testing, but there was some speculation as to hers, Instagram showing her bike and it wasn't high pivot ..she's fast as hell, can't imagine she would lose speed on anything...

Loic killed it as well, the crashes up top was wild...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah, I get that. Point taken. I've been watching these things for a looooong time. Let me add a bit more to my suggestion.

I care about fast bikes and fast riders. And just love bikes. And mountains, and dirt and stuff and things all mtb.

If someone is clearly in the red. Why not talk to someone? This is where I saw what the golf peeps were doing. No disrespect to the other riders, hence the split screen. But I am paying to be entertained. Am I not? Bring it. You can do it. Let the kids play.
Has social media, podcasts and Youtube somehow passed you by? almost every prominent WC DH racer overshares their experience these days. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to follow what every one of them had for breakfast or how well they slept. Nevermind listen to their super interesting take on how they didn't go as fast as the previous guy.

Plus. a bit of patience, respect and courtesy wouldn't go a miss instead of some dumb fuck presenter sticking a mic in your face and filming you're reaction straight after you've crossed the finish line following a disappointing run

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Has social media, podcasts and Youtube somehow passed you by? almost every prominent WC DH racer overshares their experience these days. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to follow what every one of them had for breakfast or how well they slept. Nevermind listen to their super interesting take on how they didn't go as fast as the previous guy.

Plus. a bit of patience, respect and courtesy wouldn't go a miss instead of some dumb fuck presenter sticking a mic in your face and filming you're reaction straight after you've crossed the finish line following a disappointing run
I agree,they are tired after that run,some space people,please.

Well Avy spent almost 2hrs on the phone with Dish Network(TV) ready to pay the money for the 9 races. There was a problem with Discovery+. She was eager to hang up on Avy,I said Hold. I could Not get it? I was mad and tired,so I said Nevermind for Fucks Sake. Cancel everything I say. Then I call today to make sure they are not charging me. They are not,they also told me why Discovery+ did not work. I do not have the Hopper+,50 Dollars Avy,and then you can watch it.

So I came here and saw everything up until Benny,did not see his whole run,then gone. It was great to see the Race,Thank You guys who put up the Links. I thought it was good coverage,I thought it was better than Last Year. It was Drama as each rider was going faster than the last. Sad that I did not see it all,but greatful to see anything. I was very happy with the coverage,was thinking it was going tobe Garbage. Not at all,but the riders make no money at all,which is wrong. As said here before,I do not see the Sport staying alive for long?

Avy

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo

Fair play.

And no. I don't do the socials, the tuber's it's all just bs. Been there. I have more things to do in my life. Who has time for that? Except for RM. I will make time for that. :D

I don't think you're getting it. Maybe I need to find a clip of what I'm talking about.

But seriously. Try not to just argue and maybe just take an idea, and run with it.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Fair play.

And no. I don't do the socials, the tuber's it's all just bs. Been there. I have more things to do in my life. Who has time for that? Except for RM. I will make time for that. :D

I don't think you're getting it. Maybe I need to find a clip of what I'm talking about.

But seriously. Try not to just argue and maybe just take an idea, and run with it.
It’s too many RB or whatever he drinks Brother.

Gary,you are missing the point sometimes in all you’re joy of posting. Take it easy. For Instance, you say that you do not have a favorite rider,yet you have plenty to say. The point is you have a favorite,now just tell us whom that might be?

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
don't think you're getting it. Maybe I need to find a clip of what I'm talking about.
No. I think I probably do. I haven't watched golf in decades but growing up my papa (grandad) was well into golf. Won lots of local tournaments etc. And worked in the local golf club factory. He even made me a custom jnr set so I could play from a young age. I followed golf and watched all the big tournaments on tv with him and my nana (grandmother). Our family was so into golf that I was actually named after their favourite golfer (Gary Player). Me and my friends would even go to spectate at few of the big tournaments that came to our local links course and met some of the pros.
What you've stumbled upon sounds very much like Celebrity Pro am tournament coverage in the 70s where we'd hear entertaining "banter" and insights from the pros and celebrities between shots and holes. As already mentioned. Golf is a long and drawn out kinda boring spectator sport. So does need something extra to keep viewers entertained while watching from home. Especially if the coverage you're watching is uninterrupted (ie. No ad breaks like BBC coverage always was here). DH is short but repetitive AF but true fans don't mind the repetitiveness. Infact the real nerds absolutely love it.

100% caffeine free non argumentative reply.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Oh... And @Avy I have a very different tolerance to Caffeine and different experience from its effects to most. Quantities that would send most people's brains into a fit genuinely chill me out. eg. I'll often fall asleep in company after necking a 500ml can of high caffeine energy drink. And I def have MOAR of an interest in young Ronan because of this commonality. Missed his whole run due to Tiz server going down.

No. I think I probably do. I haven't watched golf in decades but growing up my papa (grandad) was well into golf. Won lots of local tournaments etc. And worked in the local golf club factory. He even made me a custom jnr set so I could play from a young age. I followed golf and watched all the big tournaments on tv with him and my nana (grandmother). Our family was so into golf that I was actually named after their favourite golfer (Gary Player). Me and my friends would even go to spectate at few of the big tournaments that came to our local links course and met some of the pros.
What you've stumbled upon sounds very much like Celebrity Pro am tournament coverage in the 70s where we'd hear entertaining "banter" and insights from the pros and celebrities between shots and holes. As already mentioned. Golf is a long and drawn out kinda boring spectator sport. So does need something extra to keep viewers entertained while watching from home. Especially if the coverage you're watching is uninterrupted (ie. No ad breaks like BBC coverage always was here). DH is short but repetitive AF but true fans don't mind the repetitiveness. Infact the real nerds absolutely love it.

100% caffeine free non argumentative reply.
I found playing golf to be painfully boring. Walking for drunks.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I found playing golf to be painfully boring. Walking for drunks.
I had a MASSIVE fall out with my papa on course at about 10yrs old. I was having a poor game and about halfway round usung his wisdom and experiences had gone to reset my grip when I was about to tee off. I absolutely lost my shit. Shouted "I HATE GOLF" at him. Flung my club's clean off the tee, walked straight off the course and headed for home. leaving him there to deal with both golf bags. We didn't speak a single word to one another for at least 2 weeks (I was living with them) and to this day I've never played a full round of golf ever again. Sadly never played a single shot with him again either.
Golf is one of those sports that's really not much fun at all until you get past a certain skill level and competence.
If you're fairly decent at it. Just like biking it can be a lot more fun if you drop all the rules and bullshit and strip it down to basics. Eg from that day on the only times I ever headed back out on course would be after school with just a 5 iron and a ball to play the holes I enjoyed. No course membership anymore and ready to run if a club official clocked me.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I am not Scottish, but i have been dealing with the PGA tour for 30 years on the island i grew up on. ️

It’s mighty hard to believe how many yachts and private jets show up for a few days of drinking.
This year’s purse was $20,000,000 with the winner taking home about $3,600,000.
Everyone playing the event gets paid at least a few thousand dollars to be there, BMW sends down brand new SUV’s for all the athletes and officals to use.

So yeah, golf is not very much like mtb racing