Quantcast

I am thankful for.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Here's hoping the family/friends gathering today left you all with full bellies, plenty of football, and another reason to get on the bike.

Me, well, I'd like to share a little bit of my time with Alaina. During preschool library before Thanksgiving, the teacher asked all the children what they were thankful for. You'd hear the usual.... turkey, blanket, family dog, toys, etc. Alaina was last, and when it was her turn, she leaned forward, looks at me, and says, "All of daddy's hugs and kisses". How did a 4yo get so wise so soon??? Even as I type this, it rips me up, and makes me thankful that I did have time with her.

If I've shared this with you before, well, thanks for reading it.... again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm thankful my Dad is still alive. I never posted anything on here about it, but this summer my old man, a fitness freak, had a heart attack. I should also point out that he is 76, legally blind, and doesn't drive. He literally lives to workout and road ride. Anyway, he had surgery of course, followed by a Cardiac Rehab program. I drove him to the hospital for the classes three days a week for twelve weeks. Still have a few more doctor's appointments, but he's doing great.

The biggest challenge for him has been learning to slow down and not push himself so hard. It's taking some time for him to accept that his body is no longer as strong as his mind.