Quantcast

IronHorse is back?

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I'll just write here what I posted to Vital: Either the booth babe fed a lot of crap to Johan Hjord or whoever took the picture, or bturman deducted the wrong conclusion from a weak premise. That's no DW-Link as you said, it's based on Cesar Rojo's Zero system, and since Astro is doing Mondraker's frames, they just splattered the system on some frames of their catalog. I bet they come off with a Sunday looking exactly like a KHS.

If DW finds himself some time to drop by here, I'm more than sure he'll dissipate the rumor in no time.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
I'll just write here what I posted to Vital: Either the booth babe fed a lot of crap to Johan Hjord or whoever took the picture, or bturman deducted the wrong conclusion from a weak premise. That's no DW-Link as you said, it's based on Cesar Rojo's Zero system, and since Astro is doing Mondraker's frames, they just splattered the system on some frames of their catalog. I bet they come off with a Sunday looking exactly like a KHS.

If DW finds himself some time to drop by here, I'm more than sure he'll dissipate the rumor in no time.
last time i checked DW-link system did not have full floating rear shocks. so ya.. interested to hear some more info

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
didnt say this is a DW-Link
and so is the writer in VITAL
what been said here is the IronHorse still can use it.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
didnt say this is a DW-Link
and so is the writer in VITAL
what been said here is the IronHorse still can use it.
I wasn't questioning your statement, I was just saying that's what the Vital post said:

bturman at VitalTMB said:
What we do know is that they are still able to use the DW-link rear suspension layout, so that part of the puzzle is available...stay tuned for more.

Last edited:

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
Hoping the author is just bad at communication. He never implicitly said the 9.3 used DW link, just that IH had it available to use. So hopefully that's what he meant. Will definitely stay tuned.

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
Well, DW licenses his suspension systems on a per-sold-bike basis, so if IH can afford to pay him that kind of royalties, surely they could say it's available for them to use it ;-).
Ha, MONEY BAGZZZ Iron Horse. Except probably not. Alright, will wait and see what the hub bub is about. :wait:

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
look like they edit it
delete all mention to the DW and add this:
"it's a re-branded catalog Astro frame"