Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Have to find a couple of small stuff sacks. Still might use the Thule luggage rack for the trip.

Much of our lawn has turned yellow due to lack of rain and forsythia is withering, which is fine, it could stand to be knocked back some.

Need to modify trailer brackets for the Moonlander to provide more resistance to twisting. A working test run with chain saw and gear yesterday held up just until I arrived home.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
:wave:

Well, I had a good run of it, but it's back to tea in the mornings. Bad heartburn for the last couple days now. Good bye coffee, I will miss you.
good luck with that :sarcastic:. morning gents , my plan for today is sneak in a trail ride before more rain hits .

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Celebrated the wife's birthday yesterday by the three of us going to the NY state fair. Ate some good fatty foods and the little one had a great time checking out all the farm animals. I have to say... state fairs are definitely an interesting place for people watching :eek:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
just get a bottle of acid reducer pills at costco, one pill before you drink the coffee and zero heartburn
Or OTC Omeprazole, also at Costco. Cheap and no Rx record to screw with insurance applications.

Today the MIL flies out. She, my wife, and Mariko will go to the splash park in the morning while I watch the snoozing infant at home.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So this was suposed to be my "off" weekend. I load up the car to go sailing (as it's a beautiful day). I get 20 sec from home and Gracie texts me asking to be picked up because "someone" doesn't have anything planned for them and they are bored.

So I turn around and get them. They haven't been fed lunch. I have no groceries in the house. (time to get creative).

Nobody wants to go sailing. They want to go to the pool.

I'm happy to hav them back obviously....but fuck it's hard to plan your life like this.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Changing my days off come October. Because of the way the pay periods fall, I'll have 5 days off (mon-fri) if I take a single vacation day for a Thursday. Because the women folk are in school I'm contemplating a solo adventure of some kind.
A: Motorcycle/camping tour desert south west-ish
Probably the "easiest/most lazy" option.

B: Couple segments of the Colorado Trial or Maroon Bells loop
Colorado high country in late Sept, early Oct. Could be fantastic if the weather is good, or my body might not be found until the following June.

C: Looping multi-day bicycle tour of eastern CO western KS.
Never bike toured before and after living off the back of a motorcycle for a week, I'd like to give it a go with the hard tail and the trailer. Route would be pretty flat, weather should be about as good as it gets in that part of the world, but not really anything to see other than sage and antelope.

Edit: Capulin Volcano National Monument as an alt for the bike tour. Probably better scenery, Probably perfect distance for a 4 day tour.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
annual family reunion in the mountains. my mother in law's boyfriend made a giant vat of serve-yourself bloody marys for breakfast. tomato juice is healthy, right? so therefore I drank a lot of it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
:wave:

Well, I had a good run of it, but it's back to tea in the mornings. Bad heartburn for the last couple days now. Good bye coffee, I will miss you.
Do you drink sodas ?

If so, your heartburn might be caused by high fructose corn syrup. I had a similar problem and thought it was either chili peppers or coffee. I gave up the coffee but still had indigestion and was eating tums by the handful. When I quit drinking sodas the indigestion went away.

After not drinking coffee for five months I decided that I would have a quadruple shot espresso drink. Not a good idea, as I was so amped up I was actually vibrating.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I had some awesome Thai last night with a lady friend. I got it extra spicey. First time I pooped at her apartment and I really had no say in the matter.

Took a great short local ride this afternoon. Holy balls it is hot out.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I sold $165 in burgers today, most in the $7 range $20 was the highest price paid. I put a sign up that said bidding started at $5, if they weren't out bid in 5 minutes they got their bugers for whatever their bid was. Only one lady complained that she could restaurant burger for the same price, she dropped out at $7 and walked away. Lots of fun but cold and rainy so turnout was low, hopefully the weather will be better the next 2 days.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Whistler is fun. Too bad it's so hard to figure out baggage to get here.

Blazing sun after a few days of rain.

Pretty-pretttty-prettty-pretty-good