Size
M/L

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Spooky Havoc Staff passion project...
Bought this off of craigslist where it appeared as though the previous owner used it as a boat anchor. I stripped it, then inspected it for any cracks or wear. I had it professionally powdercoated in a sparkly green (feeble attempt at bassboat green). When the frame came back, I built it up as a bit of a commuter that handled like my road/race bike. The geometry is virtually identical between the two, but I didn't want to throw too much money at the Spooky so as not to attract any thieves. I am considering selling as I was recently laid off, and my commute will change significantly and I think I'll need an e-bike or allroad bike to have it make any sense and also to not get stolen.

Parts:
Spooky Havoc Staff, ~2014, size M/L roughly 57cm
Fuji FC440 carbon steerer fork with titanium dropouts. 45mm rake. Some wear on it but structurally fine
No name carbon post
Uno chrome stem, 110mm
Zipp 42cm 4* flare aluminum bars
FSA gossamer bb386 cranks, 36-52 170mm length
Ultegra FD (6700 I think)
TIagra 4600 rear, with a carbon cage and ceramic pulleys (hey it works and saves like 0.003 watts)
Brifters are Sensah Phi, these are shimano compatible shifters that work like SRAM doubletap. Much cheaper than Shimano and not as crappy as SRAM. They work great for me.
Spec Romin saddle
Wheels are Powertap rear hub with DT 240 front on aluminum rims, not sure of model. Power meter works great and appears accurate. Hutchinson tires
Pedals are cheapo SPDs as road shoes are harder to walk in

All in all this was a fun project and needs virtually nothing- maybe new bar tape if you are picky. $1000 gets me about what I have into it. This bike is a little bit too nice for me to commute into the city and so close to my carbon road bike that I'd have a hard time choosing it over that. It's ready to go if you want to chase office park crits or just chase miles on the backroads out here. Would prefer a local sale but I can ship if requested.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well yes, but actually no. It’s a rad bike but my commute is too far to arrive quickly and not so sweaty. Plus, I park my bike in my office so I could even ride my gucci crabonz bike now.

That being said, I set out to get something that was just like my 3T and this is damned close. Would make a great rain or race bike, but I don’t ride enough lately to justify either.