Quantcast

~!# Thanksgiving Eve GMT #!~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

I remember when the night before Thanksgiving was full of bar hopping with old friends who were back in town. Now it consists of prepping food for tomorrow and catching up on some sleep. Getting older and having responsibilities is way overrated.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I enjoy skiing on occasion but any activity that holds the potential for standing in a line is not for me.
I've taken five ski trips out west between Tahoe, Utah, and Colorado. The almost complete lack of any lift lines still astounds me. Ski down, get on chair, ski down, get on chair. Even the longest lines (experienced at Keystone) only take a few minutes to get through.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've taken five ski trips out west between Tahoe, Utah, and Colorado. The almost complete lack of any lift lines still astounds me. Ski down, get on chair, ski down, get on chair. Even the longest lines (experienced at Keystone) only take a few minutes to get through.
That is why I said "potential".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
opted to work from home in case the weather turns shit. currently raining but it's snow right now an hour north.

i for one, am pooping solar flares today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! I have not graduated to solar flares yet, just modest solar winds. Last night, riding was great. Tonight, I might break out the fat clunker and ride around the hood, just for the shitts.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
goint to the market for some last minute fresh veggies then its toss the doggies into the camper and its off to Yosemite for five days. It feels so liberating to be free of going to turkey day with the wifes family for the first time in 10 years

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
forgot to place a order on huckberry yesterday.....one lucky person would be receiving a golden ticket good for a bottle of pappy van winkle...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Listen now, I am all in favor of supporting the race photographers and understand and appreciate the time and effort that goes into taking and processing the photos. But $40 for a single marathon image download? FORTY DOLLARS?? The hell with that. They are out of their god damn minds. I've purchased a bunch of pics in the past. Normally it's $15-$25 for a single download, and I've paid as much as $70 for an entire collection. These guys just priced themselves out of getting $50 from me for a few pics.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Listen now, I am all in favor of supporting the race photographers and understand and appreciate the time and effort that goes into taking and processing the photos. But $40 for a single marathon image download? FORTY DOLLARS?? The hell with that. They are out of their god damn minds. I've purchased a bunch of pics in the past. Normally it's $15-$25 for a single download, and I've paid as much as $70 for an entire collection. These guys just priced themselves out of getting $50 from me for a few pics.

But what other choices do you have to get a picture of YOURSELF? Not to mention the hot marathon action, you might be doing something really cool like having one foot in front of the other.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
But what other choices do you have to get a picture of YOURSELF? Not to mention the hot marathon action, you might be doing something really cool like having one foot in front of the other.
I think I'll just start bringing splat with me to these things. BTW, one of the best race pics I have is one splat took when I ran a 10K in Boston. And he didn't charge me!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
6 pack...tools...dog...off all day.

Heading to the new jump line, gonna throw dirt at a huge lander then start marking off a new xc trail. Have a super nice bottle of dark rum at home.

Victory is within reach.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Last day of work for me until Dec 8, therefore win.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
image.jpg
We got quite a bit of snow last night, Got caught in it on the way home. Have a pic of my drive home after hunting.

That is what dumped in about four hours while I was out, we got another eight inches after I got home

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Took off the day and did photoshopping catchup when finished there was over an inch on the brick. Had the fatbike out an hour; came back, found winter clothes that were missing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Haha Jeebus is getting you all back for making fun of Buffalo. I took the Bobcat there and unburied my Aunt and her neighbor. I had to get out of there as all the neighbors wanted to be dugout also. I had to return the Bobcat so I hightailed it out of there. Found a dead cat. I have to go back tomorrow. I may grab the Bobcat just for fun.