Quantcast

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

:this is fine.gif:
man, the supercharger network was pretty much the only reason I would consider buying a Tesla... My 12 year old car is on its last legs. If I want to go electric, and still be able to do road trips over 800kms, Tesla was the only realistic option. But if they slack off there... why would I want to be associated with that lunatic sociopathic arsehole?!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
man, the supercharger network was pretty much the only reason I would consider buying a Tesla... My 12 year old car is on its last legs. If I want to go electric, and still be able to do road trips over 800kms, Tesla was the only realistic option. But if they slack off there... why would I want to be associated with that lunatic sociopathic arsehole?!
With adapters and multiple ports on DCFC everything probably will have CCS and NACS for the next decade. And the 3rd party networks will get more reliable.

(And you could always just rent for the odd road trip.)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
With adapters and multiple ports on DCFC everything probably will have CCS and NACS for the next decade. And the 3rd party networks will get more reliable.

(And you could always just rent for the odd road trip.)
A buddy of mine is working with (for?) a VC fund that want to get into the charging business. I'm confident (hopeful?) things will improve across the board with "the rest" catching up to Tesla soon. But still, that's a bold move, I honestly think their charging network was their major advantage to anyone not in the west-coast tech bubble, or independently wealthy.