Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Drove to work. I would never want to drive in NYC morning traffic on a daily basis in a car. Heading to the Outer Banks, NC today for a wedding. I have not been there in a long time but should be nice.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holla.

I wish today was Friday. I REALLY wish today was Friday. I am pretty excited to get some good riding in this long weekend.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
1.5 days of work before I flake off for a couple days riding my DH bike. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate.

Looks like our Senior VP has started to realize that saying that "we all have to work as a team" over and over is not enough to get sub consultants and clients to deliver what they are obligated to deliver.

I remain sceptical, but will follow whatever sports analogy he chooses to chuck out there this time.

Wouldn't want to "get traded"!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
1.5 days of work before I flake off for a couple days riding my DH bike. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate.

Looks like our Senior VP has started to realize that saying that "we all have to work as a team" over and over is not enough to get sub consultants and clients to deliver what they are obligated to deliver.

I remain sceptical, but will follow whatever sports analogy he chooses to chuck out there this time.

Wouldn't want to "get traded"!
As long as trading involves a bonus... I'm game!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is back. Haley is happy.

On the house front, I found the perfect house, price, etc. Ours is not sold so it will go away before we can buy it. I've told her for weeks that we need to get our house prepped for listing, but she hasn't done anything or let me do anything accordingly. She's about to get a real lesson in poor planning.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wifey is back. Haley is happy.

On the house front, I found the perfect house, price, etc. Ours is not sold so it will go away before we can buy it. I've told her for weeks that we need to get our house prepped for listing, but she hasn't done anything or let me do anything accordingly. She's about to get a real lesson in poor planning.
Somehow I am predicting that you will be the one saying "I'm sorry" at the end of this.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nope. I have it in email that I should have moved things around 2 weeks ago, an email from the agent that we should do it fron 1.5 weeks ago, and a verbal from him while she was there on Saturday. There's no way she's getting around this. Everything is based on moving her office to the basement, which she won't let me do.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Nope. I have it in email that I should have moved things around 2 weeks ago, an email from the agent that we should do it fron 1.5 weeks ago, and a verbal from him while she was there on Saturday. There's no way she's getting around this. Everything is based on moving her office to the basement, which she won't let me do.
The problem with your argument is that you are using logic. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The problem with your argument is that you are using logic. :rofl:
Coming from the engineer? I am however the one that controls the purse strings.I know where all of the money is, what's actually available, etc. Also, she knows that if I don't sign off, I can be an unremitting penis.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Coming from the engineer? I am however the one that controls the purse strings.I know where all of the money is, what's actually available, etc. Also, she knows that if I don't sign off, I can be an unremitting penis.
Everyone knows that logic has no place in an argument with a woman. It's a tactic that is met with unimaginable amounts of irrationality that only an irrate woman can muster.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wifey wants round 2. I'm still getting that sweet, sweet ass.
Perhaps I'm just doin' it wrong, but sexing basically on a schedule is tedious.

Anyway, with that shared... :D Today is the welcome reception for the department. I shall go with wife-bot in tow for the hors d'oeuvre, while the mother in law tends to the kids.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Ran into a childhood friend of my wifes at beach last night.
Guy has had a shitty run of bad luck/poor decision making.

Struggling to stay sober, lost DL due to dui, lost job, about to lose house, ballballed by family and his live-in GF was murdered about 6 months ago.

Really sad story for a guy who deserves better.
He's trying hard with AA etc but is clearly struggling with the extra ration of shit he's been dealt.

So with that little ray of sunshine, I wish you monkeys luck in avoiding the pitfalls that can fuck your life up.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Stoney, I couldn't pick which one to quote! As a woman, I am BUSTING UP LAUGHING at my desk right now!! Let's discuss.
#1) Yep, you are totally 100% right from what I here thus far, however:
#2 You are talking about a woman. Adventurous is right. She is going to be so far past logic and so far into emotion land you won't know what hit you or why she is crying but you might just suddenly feel bad for no reason (apparent to YOU anyway). Tread carefully my friend, tread carefully!!

Everyone knows that logic has no place in an argument with a woman. It's a tactic that is met with unimaginable amounts of irrationality that only an irrate woman can muster.
QFT!!!

Successful Blue THURSDAY rally today! Raiders can suck it! Long-ish (for me) run last night. Not much else to report. GO HAWKS!