Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I hear riding a bicycle is good exercise.
I got my Shuttle in 2018. so over the course of having it I have defattened on net.

and "eat less move more" is as unhelpful as when Nick suggested it in 2019, or when countless people have over the years. exercising spurs increased energy intake, and is highly unlikely to be an effective long term weight loss strategy in and of itself. because our brains aren't just sitting there not responding to what's happening around them.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
previously fatty liver as assessed by MRI.
I have an upcoming MRI to assess my liver. My oncologist has some concerns about apparent cysts turned up in my last CT. "But don't worry, probably not cancer!" :rolleyes: I'm not a doctor but I do wonder how much, of any of it is from the accident. My broken ribs basically turned my liver into burger, I can't imagine that's a good thing long term but I do also wonder why it's coming up now. It's not exactly like it was my first CT. Maybe my liver is also just deliciously fatty?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I got my Shuttle in 2018. so over the course of having it I have defattened on net.

and "eat less move more" is as unhelpful as when Nick suggested it in 2019, or when countless people have over the years. exercising spurs increased energy intake, and is highly unlikely to be an effective long term weight loss strategy in and of itself. because our brains aren't just sitting there not responding to what's happening around them.
BOOTSTRAPS!!

:homer:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have an upcoming MRI to assess my liver. My oncologist has some concerns about apparent cysts turned up in my last CT. "But don't worry, probably not cancer!" :rolleyes: I'm not a doctor but I do wonder how much, of any of it is from the accident. My broken ribs basically turned my liver into burger, I can't imagine that's a good thing long term but I do also wonder why it's coming up now. It's not exactly like it was my first CT. Maybe my liver is also just deliciously fatty?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the liver MRI will have a sequence that'll be useful to check your liver's tastiness index. send it to me and I'll calculate the % fat from it if they don't report it directly. 5% or less is normal. (my liver was up to 11% or so fat, then down to 7-9% and then finally down to a nice 2% or so as of the most recent MRI. we see livers up to like 40% fat on this measure, for context.)

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
new place in life for Land Cruiser. On battery tender in driveway
IMG_2143.jpeg
as for how much and when:

VW still says "2024" vaguely, but given their June 2, 2023 intro event and Car and Driver saying June 2024 ship date summer seems reasonable.

there will be ADM at the start of sales, no doubt. and ain't nobody got time for that nonsense. so I'll wait it out until the sooner of when VW introduces reasonable 24/12 lease terms (as reported via the Edmunds lease forums, my new favorite friend) and ADM is in the past. maybe the fall? completing a deal this calendar year would be the best as the CO EV tax credit drops down $1,500 come Jan 1, 2025.

I'd get the PacHy appraised at CarMax and Carvana and then bring it to VW as a trade to offset sales tax +/- get a check back from the transaction. would go one-pay on the lease if VW finance does that for lower MF. edit: VW reportedly takes off 0.0006 MF for one-pay per post #48.

and then I'd sell the Land Cruiser on IH8Mud (edit: or rather list it on BaT and post the link on IH8Mud), once this was all completed and the car in my garage.

this is the plan. it likely will change many, many more times. but for now I am mentally ok with this, including selling my precious Land Cruiser for the second time.
got a hitch put on the Busy Forks this afternoon at Lampert Hitch. ($229 Curt real hitch on sale at Napa as opposed to the expensive, wobbly Stealth Hitch that was on the EQB—never again. $145 for Lampert to pop it on, because division of labor and all that.)

IMG_2360.jpeg

and with that I think my timeline has moved up for the Land Cruiser to exit the building. Busy Forks + hitch rack now has me totally covered for bike-shuttling functions. and getting the cash implicitly stored in the long since paid off Land Cruiser instead of literally having it sit on the driveway undriven would be nice, especially since I'm still saving up for Japan 2025 travel costs.

so the new as of today timeline:

get the not-quite-10 year old BFG KO2-shod OEM wheelset swapped back on the car next week. Discount Tire should still do this since their 2415 date code is "just" 9 years old. (they won't touch it if it's 10. I don't want to do this myself because with tall car + super slow bottle jack it's time consuming.)

June 7 mobile detailing for the PacHy and Land Cruiser alike. take glamour shots of both while they're all clean afterwards.

and shortly thereafter list Land Cruiser on Bring a Trailer and see what it brings in.

Last edited: