Quantcast

>@#Turkey Day GMT#@<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wake the Ef up slackers

ok I'm only up this early to get the damn 21# bird prepped and into the oven.....

Coffee, cooking then travel to the inlaws house ( better their place than mine).

and it is the first morning with sub freezing temperatures of the year in the Bay Area

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning and Happy Turkey! I absolutely crushed my 5K race this morning. CRUSHED! 19:12 and won my age group. That is a 33 second personal best, which is a LOT. Finished 21 out of 618 overall. Fast field, as expected.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. No snow overnight, contrary to prediction. It is bitterly cold, though.

We're headed over to my sister's place in swinger-land Highlands Ranch. The infant decided to sleep in--she never sleeps in--which will push departure plans back after her nap.

I'm thinking that taking the Land Cruiser, what with its non-negligible fuel costs, will be the right call since it's supposed to snow all day. Both vehicles have the same Nokians on them but the RAV4 EV is merely FWD...

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Headin over the pass to the in-laws. Can't decide if should run or MTB first, but looks like it's gonna be a beautiful (if cold as fuck) day!

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dislike Thanksgiving intensely, souvenir from a dysfunctional family/childhood, coupled with reading too much Howard Zinn. Trying not to pass it on to gromms. Going for first ride today since achilles surgery in Oct. IF I can get a shoe on...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Late night Settlers of Catan and alcohol 7 person death match. Pretty sure alcohol won. 10k around the Pasadena hills this morning sure was peaceful. Pancakes and coffee now. Let the eating and drinking games begin!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Late night Settlers of Catan and alcohol 7 person death match. Pretty sure alcohol won. 10k around the Pasadena hills this morning sure was peaceful. Pancakes and coffee now. Let the eating and drinking games begin!
Settlers is probably my favourite game ever. That game becomes so good after a trip to the bong shed. Things just fall into place.:brows:

FTS today though. Got notice that they are shutting power off at work tomorrow, which means I have to wake up at 7am to shut my shit down. Thanks for letting me know in advance dudes!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode Harold Parker this morning, then consumed mucho beers (not a big fan of Habanero Sculpin tho) and shots, I think I am ready for the bird now.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
toshi; snowing here so it's coming your way, and roads are ice all over
Land Cruiser windshield when I moved it inside a few minutes ago:

Reminiscent of this outer coating on the LEAF after a rehearsal last January:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Bong shedded, walked dogs with family in woods, mom called, a few beers in and headed to MILs to gorge.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Told the boss I ain't working Friday. Plan to eat and eat and eat later. Need fuel for Friday trail building session. Bring on the 4 day weekend whoohoo!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thanksgiving buffet at the country club 5 minutes from us. Kid was well behaved, food was kick ass, and Dogfish 120 was on draft. Home now, time for more beer...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I told my Brother 4 times to close the lid on the weed container and to not leave the bong on the Counter right in the open. Because the Cat will fuck with it. 4 times. He said I was being a dick the second time. The Turkey isn't even close to being done. All the snacks are gone. Happy happy.

Fucking Eagles... Gah they suck...

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Neighbors wife stopped by and rescued my ass with 2 pies and a can of chicken broth to pour into my pan. Sweet
Potato Pie...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode. Went looking for all sorts of off camber shiz and left the forest smiling. I think I even poached two new trails, the dirt was fresh and loose.

Tricking riding today, though. Hero dirt in half the forest and slimesnot dirt in the other half.

Can you tell where I lost all traction here? :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got one of those windshield cover thingies for the too-big truck. Delivered day before yesterday...just in time to be ice-rain-snow tested.
Amazon link? I have sunshades for the inside since I don't want my previous dash to fade. Anyway, come 6 weeks or so I'll be moved in at the new house, with enough garage space for both vehicles in theory.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode. Went looking for all sorts of off camber shiz and left the forest smiling. I think I even poached two new trails, the dirt was fresh and loose.

Tricking riding today, though. Hero dirt in half the forest and slimesnot dirt in the other half.

Can you tell where I lost all traction here? :D
Time to get real tires! :busted:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Perfect timing for the installation of the shitter in my man cave. For the past two days I have been afflicted by a stomach bug: I am inaugurating the throne as I type this.