♋︎♋︎♋︎♋︎ ꟻɿibɒγ ӘMT ♋︎♋︎♋︎♋︎

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That should be great for you, too. :think:

our raise

don't get me wrong, it's wonderful. She's making now what a lot of junior ass directors make, so it's pretty fucking rad. Her bonus went up too, so she's now making like 50k annually more than I do and more than either of us 2 years ago. All our shit is fixed at low interest rates from the before times- 3.11 mortgage and honestly we're doing fine even before her raise.

The problem is that does nothing to help my suffering ego. I'm trying to make the best of my current role, but it's working for yet another post-academic micromanager and I'm doing a lot of technical work, rather than the cross-functional program management I was starting to enjoy at my previous position (yes, I like meetings). So in the end, this hurts my ego even though it's great for our family. We could probably survive on her salary alone at this point which is rad, but our retirement account is healthy and I like the vacations we are able to take.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
fair enough, the kids school thing is key. that's a big part of why my wife is so resistant to my occasional inquiries whether it's finally time to emigrate to New Zealand. well, that and the physical distance from everyone we know except for @Changleen and @DaveW
Yeah, we pay high taxes and high home costs to keep our kids in one of the top 15 schools in MA, which is probably the top state in the US for public education. We are lucky we were able to get here before housing costs skyrocketed, but I would hate to pull them out so dad could chill. I can grind for another 10 years if that's what I have to do. I just don't want to.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My trip to Kingdom trails this weekend was cancelled as they are only partially open and the other folks on the trip weren't keen on making the trek for only a portion of the network. :( so now I am working from the office. we have a team building activity to watch Waterworld at lunch. :( :(

went for a ride last night. and one of the nicer trails around here has been IMBA-fied, and the connector from that one to a decent techy descent has been closed by the land manager. and when I say closed, they piled debris across the trail, and then bolted them together. crazy. requires a 1 mile road ride in each direction to access the trail now. no thanks. :(

so many :( for a sunny Friday in Spring...
Bummer on both accounts.

Is that in Gatineau Park? I assume they are pretty strict and vigilant in there in regards to rogue trails eh

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got fiber installed today. Getting actual 500MB/s out of a 500B/s account vs the 96MB/s from an "Up To" 1000 MB/s Xfinity account.

Cannot wait to drop off the Comcast hardware and tell them where to shove it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
$70 here for Centurylink/Qwest fiber to mah house. it's fast.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Our options here are Comcast (never again), CenturyLink (never ever ever again), and DirectLink fiber... the choice is easy.
They keep saying fiber is close, but yeah. We had CenturyLink and DirecTV when I moved in. Comcast while terrible is better than CenturyLink with a dish.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
We got off trail at Fontana Dam mile 164.9 and had to get a shuttle into Bryson City because Fontana Village was completely booked for the weekend. Taking a zero here to clean gear and get ready for the Smokies. Also will be catching up on my hike thread. Had a layer of dirt so crusty it wouldn’t rub off in my sleeping bag. Bad. Feet look beat up as usual but no real blisters to speak of. Hard to believe but I have been on trail for 17 days.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They are still going with the roof with a lot left, and the wind is picking up with nasty looking clouds.