Quantcast

Bielsko Biała/Szczyrk WC 2024 Race for the golden pierogi.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
this is 100% accurate
This is why buying a car in Poland is hell if you buy used since we have shady importers pushing near salvage cars . I just bought a German imported ford but I paid a trusted mechanic who is super anal about shady cars to check it out

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
in germany we say „kaum in polen schon gestohlen“
In Poland? I mean I know people had their bikes stolen in Poland but in general it's a rarer thing than bike theft in places like Morzine or Quebec

I thought it was "come to Poland, your car is already here". Though it's more of a thing from the 90s. I think Albania now has that crown.
the bike thefts I was referring to happened in the England and Austria... wasn't throwing shade on Poland. I'm not racist (I have a Polish friend).
how the hell is "kurwa" and hashtag?!?! :rofl:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
the bike thefts I was referring to happened in the England and Austria... wasn't throwing shade on Poland. I'm not racist (I have a Polish friend).

how the hell is "kurwa" and hashtag?!?! :rofl:
I give you a pass to be racist towards Poles. I'm Polish and I hate them. Also thankfully all the vodka and cabbage hasn't made us into a separate race yet ;)

Also the track from the trackwalk above looks weird. A lot of the berms look too small for the speeds people will be doing. We will see. Driving there tomorrow. Probably will be too late to walk around.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bad soup is horrible. White people leftover soup especially since for example Vietnamese people somehow managed to make Pho from leftovers and make it really good.

This is true Poles like vinegary shit for drinking but it's not food per se. It's not what you eat for dinner. It's what you eat for drinking vodka which is pickles, herring and shit like that. Unless you mean Xmas Eve meals since those are the stuff of horrors and one needs to avoid them. The good shit is "Żurek", "Bigos", "Schabowy" (basically a Schnitzel), Sorrel Soup, Potato Pancakes with Goulash. There is more if you know how to look. A lot of good polish cuisine was forgotten during communism but if any of you visit Warsaw I can take you to 2 places with kick ass polish food.
Yeah it was supposed to be a "Traditional Polish Christmas". But they would cook the same shit for American Thanksgiving.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
The lady who won the Jr race at Ft Bill (Heather Wilson) is pretty funny;

What is something you believe that other people think is crazy?

It's not something that I believe, but I name my chickens after pro DH riders and they think I'm crazy, aha.

I'd love to see the Bruni chicken...or some massive forehead Brosnan clucker. :D

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Bernard Kerr has uploaded a video.

It looks like a shit load of East Coast Rox have been deployed in Poland.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Bernard Kerr has uploaded a video.

It looks like a shit load load of East Coast Rox have been deployed in Poland.

he seemed to be complaining about them a lot. but I thought it looked awesome. then again, I'm not riding them...

edited to add his track walk video:

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The lady who won the Jr race at Ft Bill (Heather Wilson) is pretty funny;

What is something you believe that other people think is crazy?

It's not something that I believe, but I name my chickens after pro DH riders and they think I'm crazy, aha.

I'd love to see the Bruni chicken...or some massive forehead Brosnan clucker. :D
She would really get along with my GF who loves chickens and just after seeing Laurie forgot his name and proceeded to call him Leroy (the French pronunciation)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
he seemed to be complaining about them a lot. but I thought it looked awesome. then again, I'm not riding them...

edited to add his track walk video:
Nothing more enjoyable than a video of someone complaining about rocks and constantly stopping to wait for his girlfriend.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
She would really get along with my GF who loves chickens and just after seeing Laurie forgot his name and proceeded to call him Leroy (the French pronunciation)
Now known as "Leroy" hence forth..
PS. Chickens became a very popular UK middle class 2.4 kids eco family garden accessory and playground parent talking point about a decade ago.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Now known as "Leroy" hence forth..
PS. Chickens became a very popular UK middle class 2.4 kids eco family garden accessory and playground parent talking point about a decade ago.
The middle class that lives in a small suburban home or urban home with those tiny gardens? Since as someone who has spent 3 years of his life with my grandparents in a village I think it's a fairly bad idea. Then again some idiots try to illegally own owls as pets so hard to tell what people will do to make their life harder. I though having kids and a corporate job was enough.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
4 bedroom Detached and semi detached orange roof new build dwellers mainly. Who's housing estate probably has its own Facebook group. Chickens would probably be dressed in Bowden if they did chicken attire.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
4 bedroom Detached and semi detached orange roof new build dwellers mainly. Who's housing estate probably has its own Facebook group. Chickens would probably be dressed in Bowden if they did chicken attire.
Middle class people can afford 4 bedroom homes? What is this? 1995? Even in the Mexico of Europe I live at it's not possible. By all economic metrics I'm no longer middle class and a mortgage for a suburban home would take 40-60% of my monthly income. If it was a semi detached urban thing I'd probably have to start an onlyfans account and I doubt anyone wants that besides Sethi.

As for the Track - Did only walk the end of it. Weird they didn't show the loamy bits early on as they look nice. Still don't get the insane amount of wood and jumps as it probably makes it less accessible to slower riders post world cup vs tracks like Maribor, Schladming, Leogang or even Chapery but the loamy steep bits looked nice. The area has some really nice loam and roots so I'm surprised our builders are so resistant to wide off camber sections on it. Good to hear the world cup track has them. Will go spectate Enduro tomorrow since a Pole might win. Might see some dh training in the 2nd part of the day. Weirdly empty in Szczyrk today. I've seen the teams but not many people outside that.

Also felt weird watching WynTv with Wyn in the building.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
ChickenMonkey

Polish tracks are looking fun hey. Bring on the weekend. Wondering which riders to curse by putting them on my Fantasy League team

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Middle class people can afford 4 bedroom homes? What is this? 1995?
Erm.. Working class families do too. They just don't fill their gardens with chickens or shop at Boden.
As I mentioned tho. These people bought their chickens a decade ago and their kids were in already in School then. This would have obviously mean they bought their homes longer than a decade ago. Closer to two. I never asked exactly when or what their income or mortgage repayments were... Their chat was already dull enough. Thanks

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Weird neighbors back in Virginia got a bunch of fancy chickens that were noisy and annoying. Thankfully a local fox found them and would snatch a snack every other night.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like a good track to me. I mean nothing crazy or outstanding, but should make for a good race, I think?

In the WynTV video quite a few people mentioned the same spot of track, that sounded bad. Is that at 2:26? Or did they already change that part, I wonder?

Complaints about the wooden stuff should go away, as they seem sparse and shouldn't affect the race at all.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Same Danny as always. He never has craved mug on screen time while many of the other top guys simply can't get enough of their own voice. Danny just loves riding his bikes. First spoke to him when he was 13 or 14 at our National races and he'll still always say hello and asks how I'm doing if our paths cross so I've always found him friendly but can see how anyone who doesn't get his Northern vibe could see him often as quite dour and to the point or even dismissive when asked questions on camera.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Same Danny as always. He never has craved mug on screen time while many of the other top guys simply can't get enough of their own voice. Danny just loves riding his bikes. First spoke to him when he was 13 or 14 at our National races and he'll still always say hello and asks how I'm doing if our paths cross so I've always found him friendly but can see how anyone who doesn't get his Northern vibe could see him often as quite dour and to the point or even dismissive when asked questions on camera.

I am sure he is not the only one. At least on this side of the pond I wouldn't know Matt Walker even existed if it wasn't for his race runs.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Sounds like the rain has already showed up and blown up the track.
It rained for the top pros for enduro. People who had early start times and were lower in the pack had an advantage for one of the steeper and slick sections. Probably not a big one but might mean a few seconds on Stage 2 if the ground gets soft in places where you have to carry speed. Also Moi Moi seems back in form. At least on the steep, weird corner section I was sitting at.

For DH I think the rain was needed as it was dusty AF. As long as it rains the same for everyone it will be fine.

Also FF's. Sławek lost the Enduro Race by 0.095s. Would have been nice to win on home soil.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
What? There was a World Enduro (or whatever they call them now) race on today?
How pointless!

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Bulldogs track cam made it look like a good track for some close racing. As Norbar said above, if equal track conditions can be maintained this should be a good one.

If it deteriorates much further I can’t see there being many line options still come down to who can ride the ruts best.

If qualis and semis are on the same day the track is going to be porridge for final. I could Google it but I don’t want to give the UCI the clicks.