Quantcast

Races? No! Hospital? Yes! GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
MIL fell down the stairs - backwards from the top stair. We're not sure how long she was out, if at all, but Haley heard her calling and woke me up. Sitting at the hospital now. Neighbor is with the girls because this is Wifey's first trip with her friends together since COVID. Fucking awesome.

Practice today is cancelled; now I need to sort out tomorrow's race.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've got a 5K race to run and am at hour early. Hoping to win some money!!

I'm taking the foster puppy to an adoption event after this and hoping to find him a forever home. He's a good boy. He had that one awful night of sleep but has slept like a champ every other night.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back home. Possible bone chip at her knee. Today's new piece of info? Alcoholic confirmed. .24 BAC after "just a glass of vodka". Got about 2min of instruction how to handle knee; 8min about alcoholism, liver failure, and cirrhosis.

I'm about to pass out from exhaustion/lack of sleep. Our neighbor is going to be exhausted from waking up to watch the girls. Haley is missing race practice today. And Luke (kid up the street) has to leave the track early with his dad now, since I can't give him a ride home later. I'm going back to sleep a little angry right now.

Back home. Possible bone chip at her knee. Today's new piece of info? Alcoholic confirmed. .24 BAC after "just a glass of vodka". Got about 2min of instruction how to handle knee; 8min about alcoholism, liver failure, and cirrhosis.

I'm about to pass out from exhaustion/lack of sleep. Our neighbor is going to be exhausted from waking up to watch the girls. Haley is missing race practice today. And Luke (kid up the street) has to leave the track early with his dad now, since I can't give him a ride home later. I'm going back to sleep a little angry right now.
Life tends sometimes to hit us with hammers. Best to you and yours!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that sucks, Mark. follow up with ortho and MRI in a few weeks? (bone chips can be a sign of ligament injury riding along with them.) unfortunately I know the feeling re parents suddenly revealing their frailty, what with my father, major depressive disorder, and chronic liver disease. in his case it's due to him being a highly educated idiot and taking unregulated Chinese herbal supplements rather than alcohol, which is of little solace.

/me is on call today, so reading cases from home 7-5.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
that sucks, Mark. follow up with ortho and MRI in a few weeks? (bone chips can be a sign of ligament injury riding along with them.) unfortunately I know the feeling re parents suddenly revealing their frailty, what with my father, major depressive disorder, and chronic liver disease. in his case it's due to him being a highly educated idiot and taking unregulated Chinese herbal supplements rather than alcohol, which is of little solace.

/me is on call today, so reading cases from home 7-5.
Next week follow-up. Her knee looks bad, but she can walk still.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Put the panels back on my vag's hatch. What a pain in the ass, having to pretty much tetris them all together at once, while making sure to go over top of some tabs on the actual door.

Anyways, have to go pickup the key to lake side park at the end of the street and then will head out for a ride.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rainy saturday here. just chillin. finally feeling better. gotta go pick up 14yo from a friend's house in a while. planning summer trip to maine with side trip to quebec for a few days. @jonKranked will let you know if i'm driving/riding my way up. would be around june 28/29-ish.
@stoney - hang in there dude.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
rainy saturday here. just chillin. finally feeling better. gotta go pick up 14yo from a friend's house in a while. planning summer trip to maine with side trip to quebec for a few days. @jonKranked will let you know if i'm driving/riding my way up. would be around june 28/29-ish.
@stoney - hang in there dude.
No travel plans around then, keep me posted

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Damn Mark that sucks,

Slept in, mised getting up to take my thyroid med so now I have to wait another 38 minutes before Coffee ( no food or drink within an hour of taking the pill).

It supposed to rain today, hoping it holds off so I can mow the lawn so that tomorrow after the storm I can go play all day

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
MIL is feeling better and walking around pretty well. Hannah's sitter (who's 30) is still coming over today, so I'll just have her stay close to home.

The kart still needs work that can't get done before the race tomorrow so we have to get to the track today, so we're going to head out in about 30min. If we're lucky, Haley might get a session in too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This Robin keeps hopping up to me in the backyard, chirping, and then going to the fence. Comes back, repeats etc. Can't see anything wrong though, perhaps just being a dick?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Installing a roof rack on wife's new van. My failure in checking they'd supplied the correct quantities of mounting hardware means a HD trip halfway through the install to pickup a couple of bolts.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well, that’s probably a wrap on ski season. Slush bumps and corn all morning, 40ish total days on skis in CO, WY, UT and MT. Awesome winter, let’s ride bikes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nest is near
I'm back and so is the birb.

It's nest appears to be high up in a tree.

On the drive home from the trails, I took the quiet route through a farming area. Some lady (10/10 btw) was out in the middle of the road picking up a turtle, so I stopped and let her put it to side of the road.

In the back of my head, I thought of the incident from years ago, where that lady in Quebec stopped to help some ducks (or something) and people ended up dead. Anyways...

When I pulled away, I realized her mistake. The road we were on, is on top of a levee separating the fields from a canal. She put the turtle on the side with the fields. That poor turtle is going to get crushed by tractors, probably.

Anyways..... beer time.