Quantcast

So, A $71 Hotel In Rawlings, WY…(GMT)…

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
BEAR.

I don't know why but bear is everywhere this morning. Why? I'm in my fucking 50s, I have no idea. But it's the hip shit now.

edit: They asked women if they would rather meet a bear or a man in the woods. They were like "Well a bear won't rape me." Ok fair enough.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Quitting job save money, quitting job save money, quitting job save money!
Today, lost my 1/4" socket set, dropped my soldering iron 4ft and it bent the heating element, then I spent $600 on a used secateur for my brother, fuuuuck!
Last job of the day I was stuck talking to a guy that hated bike riders and loved Land Rovers, fuck you Thursday!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So upon genetic testing, I am 70% Scottish. No one in my family every said shit about being Scottish. Now I am gripped with the obsession to travel to Scotland and dress up in a ridiculous Scottish outfit and walk around going "Top O The Morning To Ya!" and tip my stupid little Scottish hat at them. Get my ass beat for sure.

So upon genetic testing, I am 70% Scottish. No one in my family every said shit about being Scottish. Now I am gripped with the obsession to travel to Scotland and dress up in a ridiculous Scottish outfit and walk around going "Top O The Morning To Ya!" and tip my stupid little Scottish hat at them. Get my ass beat for sure.
I have heard various stories of from which horde of invaders I emerged, but have never had the inclination to sort it out.

Edit: Mother's family was lace curtain Irish.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
BEAR.

I don't know why but bear is everywhere this morning. Why? I'm in my fucking 50s, I have no idea. But it's the hip shit now.

edit: They asked women if they would rather meet a bear or a man in the woods. They were like "Well a bear won't rape me." Ok fair enough.
Can't argue really.

At this point, if I was alone in the woods and I saw a lone woman, I would yell bear and run in the other direction.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, lovelies. I am two weeks overdue for a haircut and am happy to be addressing that today.

Re: hotels, Wife has a friend in Hilton management who set her up as an employee family member, so we pay $40 for most Hilton hotel rooms. That is nice to have.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That sounds very Irish for being Scottish.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
slept like trash. :nopity:

as a bonus see if you can get a cafeteria lunch lady to grease you up.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

About to spend the next 4 hours in a meeting. Fffffff.

Quitting job save money, quitting job save money, quitting job save money!
Today, lost my 1/4" socket set, dropped my soldering iron 4ft and it bent the heating element, then I spent $600 on a used secateur for my brother, fuuuuck!
Last job of the day I was stuck talking to a guy that hated bike riders and loved Land Rovers, fuck you Thursday!
Um, is the word secateur used differently down under, or did you somehow source a set of $600 hand pruners?

1714654483968.png

And I thought Felco were spendy...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
dogs fed, sipping some really smooth espresso. Riding on the Ambulance, only 5 transports scheduled.

Supposed too be Pro Palestine protests in downtown Oakland and they plan on shutting down the Port as part of their May Day protest idling 1000's of hourly workers and truckers. That will win them lots of worker support for their cause NOT.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I’m like 1/32nd Scottish. Used to go to the Highland Games with family including red haired uncle. Caber toss, tasty scones (“scahns”) etc.

after bowel prep and all that I’m now about 9 lb lighter than I was at this point yesterday morning. How does this compare to your experience, @Full Trucker? Was I exceptionally full of shit or what

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We recently acquired a 2000 dollar electric weed whacking setup for the trails. 28ah battery backpack with cord for the weed whip. The trails are gonna get a haircut now!

gonefirefightin

free wieners

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
BEAR.

I've seen a few ridiculous attempts to mansplain why the bear isn’t the right choice. I can't tell if it is misogyny or autism at work. Possibly misaugyny.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Im at a new orthopedic doctor to talk about ongoing issues with all the broken bits. It's always somewhat amusing, and simultaneously depressing, to get looks of surprise and exclamations of wonder at the state of my physical being.

:think:

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Im at a new orthopedic doctor to talk about ongoing issues with all the broken bits. It's always somewhat amusing, and simultaneously depressing, to get looks of surprise and exclamations of wonder and the state of my physical being.

:think:
GL Squeeb!

We should plan another good ride again this summer.