Quantcast

sunday sinday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
unghhhh....insomnia...starvation....ihop....two orders of french toast....

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Helping host a fairly large tailgate for the Rochester Rhinos soccer game this afternoon. I guess I should get my butt moving and start getting ready.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kayaking was rad yesterday. Stopped and swam too. Plus a couple river beers. Tacos turned out awesome, will be eating them most of the week. Tied a couple on, now my liver hurts.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have a meeting a 10am today for work. After that, I'm going riding and just going to relax. Should be good.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Woke up slightly hungover at 6:15 to join an early 7:30AM ride in Wompatuck. Now fixing late breakfast, taking wifey shopping, and perhaps will ride again with a next door buddy later in the evening.

Also, ordered the dentists' Reverb remote, I have had enough suffering with the plunger POS.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Pretty heavy rain today for the first time in about 3 months. What better time to attempt a hike with the family?

Pretty Much any time, as it turns out.

2 hours of whining and/or screaming.

#hikefail.

Too pooped from the ordeal to attempt a ride. Although it did stop raining now... Probably some "hero dirt" to be had.

Meh.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
poor ss. first, goes to the wrong part of the state; second, tries to buy alcohol before noon on Sunday. it's pretty ruff here. look out for sharks, too. also, trust me, don't speed at les OBX-the cops are assholes.

took the 10yo and a bunch of his friends rafting, rock climbing, ropes course/ziplining at the local whitewater center for his bday today. went pretty well. good times.

beers are now being consumed, along with chips, guac, and salsa.

waiting on new top headset to arrive; hopefully before wednesday so i can squeeze in a ride before the annual family epic roadtrip to see my parents in maine.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
depends...but 20+ over will get you (or at least me) hauled to the station. i'd bet you'd be ticketed between 5 and 10 over.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I went off-roading with my elder kid again. Wife and the infant stayed at home--wife doesn't care for the bumps, and they're probably not good for the baby's neck/brain.

Happy kid is a happy kid. She found what she thought was a white rock, which upon inspection appeared to be a piece of a white piece of pottery. This was near one of the mines on Mount McClellan.

The view across the Mount McClellan basin is nice.

The view from atop Argentine Pass is nicer yet. Apparently highest vehicle accessible pass in the US, per Wikipedia? One can't drive down the other side (hiking trail these days) so it's a destination in and of itself.

A peek down the non-vehicle side.

One of the more entertaining switchbacks, the last before Argentine Pass itself.

Vehicular casualty on the way down. It wasn't even on a tough section. I must have brushed up against a rock the wrong way and tore a silver dollar sized hole (as well as some smaller ones) in my Nokian's sidewall.

Whoops.

I had to ride on the rim for a few hundred feet until I could get to a segment that was level enough to jack the car up, so I may have bought myself a replacement rim as well. The upside is that I now am quite familiar with how to change a tire on my Land Cruiser, which has/had a full size spare, a bottle jack that jacks up amazingly high (necessary due to the ample droop travel on the thing), and a helpful owner's manual.

Not only is there a locking lug nut but there's also a locking spare tire crank! Both locking dongles were located, which is a good thing since I don't even want to imagine how expensive a backcountry tow would have been... I'd have driven out of there on the rim before doing that.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Pretty heavy rain today for the first time in about 3 months. What better time to attempt a hike with the family?

Pretty Much any time, as it turns out.

2 hours of whining and/or screaming.

#hikefail.

Too pooped from the ordeal to attempt a ride. Although it did stop raining now... Probably some "hero dirt" to be had.

Meh.
There was a group on the way up as we were leaving. They couldn't have been more than 1/3 of the way into the ascent (8 miles RT, ~3800 feet of climbing) with a woman, who must have been at least 30, in full blown meltdown. "Who the FUCK chose this SHITTY FUCKING hike" etc.

:rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Nice to know people in North Carolina drive like fucking retards too. :mad:
I like to refer to them as Freedrivers. They like to turn left from the right lane without looking or signaling. And as the kid who hit me said, "I saw a parking space and just went for it."

Some will drive like they're on the Autobahn once they actually creep onto the highway and get going, only to poke along at a snails pace once in town. Most go about 20 mph in a 35.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
one thing you might want to stash in the back.....a foot long piece of 2x6 to put under the jack....
Not a bad idea. That bottle jack just kept on jacking up and up: multiple layers so it grew to 3x its original stowed height? I was leery until the end that it'd actually get my 32"s off the ground, but it did the trick.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
decided to go for a ride afterall. the dirt was pretty much perfect. my strava crapped out about 2/3s of the way through.

so annoying.

ride was good though.