Quantcast

♋︎♋︎♋︎♋︎ ꟻɿibɒγ ӘMT ♋︎♋︎♋︎♋︎

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Happy that its Friday.

But mother of god, I woke up at 4am and didn't fall asleep again until 7am. Alarm went off at 7:30.

The head, needless to say, feels dull.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oof, that sucks re sleep, @canadmos

/me is reading ultrasounds at the hospital today. Then first Food Truck Friday of season and then whole family coming out for my concert tonight. :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Gonna go visit my bro today. It's been a while.
Speaking of which, I bumped into an aunt and uncle at the store last night.

Hadn't seen them since the start of the pandemic, even though we live in the same town.

That awkward moment when they ask why I don't come to the family stuff and my reply is "well I don't have a facebook account so I don't get those invites..." :rofl:

But it was good to see them.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Vet breakfast at the Moose Lodge this morning. I haven't been in a while and I think I have only gone twice, but it will be good to make an appearance. The breakfast itself isn't anything special, or even especially good, but it is a community support thing and I'm usually the youngest dude in there. At least for now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say there, Champ! LMFAO Another WFH day, so I slept in then went for a 7 mile jog. Hanging in my basement office now with the little foster fuzzball. Hopefully we'll find him a home tomorrow.

2f653631-e198-4544-a2de-5dde5159a764.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Spent the majority of the afternoon on the roof scraping and resealing the sky light and God damn do I feel like I fell off the roof this morning.
I hate having a skylight, particularly every time it's heavy hail.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I hate having a skylight, particularly every time it's heavy hail.
There are actually two, though for now at least only the one was leaking. I'm definitely not thrilled about them, but the dining room would be a cave without them. The good news I guess is that when the inevitable happens, at least the floors are tile.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello
battling a deep depression as I wonder wtf I am doing in my career
Woke up with a migraine so unable to ride in.
Doin' work an perusing the three job postings in the boston area.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ski Copper in the morning while R works, biking in Frisco (or maybe just pedaling over Vail pass?) in the afternoon.
Sunday ride is wide open, maybe Floyd laps. want to join?
I'm game for Floyd Hill Sunday AM. what time?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello
battling a deep depression as I wonder wtf I am doing in my career
Woke up with a migraine so unable to ride in.
Doin' work an perusing the three job postings in the boston area.
if you have equity in your house could you cash it out, sell, and chill in some place super cheap like Detroit with the fam for a few years? mid career temporary retirement?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
if you have equity in your house could you cash it out, sell, and chill in some place super cheap like Detroit with the fam for a few years? mid career temporary retirement?
I'm not pulling the kids out of school. I know the biotech recession will be somewhat temporary, and I have a job that pays reasonably. If they were off to college, then that's on the table. Wifey and I fantasize about buying a B+B or coffee shop, but I want to continue to save for retirement/college/consumerism until they're out of grade school. She just got a fat raise though, so it's great for her.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm not pulling the kids out of school. I know the biotech recession will be somewhat temporary, and I have a job that pays reasonably. If they were off to college, then that's on the table. Wifey and I fantasize about buying a B+B or coffee shop, but I want to continue to save for retirement/college/consumerism until they're out of grade school. She just got a fat raise though, so it's great for her.
fair enough, the kids school thing is key. that's a big part of why my wife is so resistant to my occasional inquiries whether it's finally time to emigrate to New Zealand. well, that and the physical distance from everyone we know except for @Changleen and @DaveW

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Oof, that sucks re sleep, @canadmos

/me is reading ultrasounds at the hospital today. Then first Food Truck Friday of season and then whole family coming out for my concert tonight. :)
That's some dark art that.
I am waiting for an ultrasound report on my foot.
I can log in and look at the images, may as well be a pic Eric has taken of some wildlife, I have no idea what's going on.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's some dark art that.
I am waiting for an ultrasound report on my foot.
I can log in and look at the images, may as well be a pic Eric has taken of some wildlife, I have no idea what's going on.
yeah, much harder to look at if you aren't oriented to what's being scanned exactly. musculoskeletal ones of tendons and the like as you likely had are especially incomprehensible

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My trip to Kingdom trails this weekend was cancelled as they are only partially open and the other folks on the trip weren't keen on making the trek for only a portion of the network. :( so now I am working from the office. we have a team building activity to watch Waterworld at lunch. :( :(

went for a ride last night. and one of the nicer trails around here has been IMBA-fied, and the connector from that one to a decent techy descent has been closed by the land manager. and when I say closed, they piled debris across the trail, and then bolted them together. crazy. requires a 1 mile road ride in each direction to access the trail now. no thanks. :(

so many :( for a sunny Friday in Spring...