Quantcast

Bielsko Biała/Szczyrk WC 2024 Race for the golden pierogi.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
the section that they are showcasing starting at 9:27 is SICK! drifting down an off-camber into the tiniest of catch berms (catch-rut?) is really cool. truly showcases the riders' talent...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Bulldogs track cam made it look like a good track for some close racing. As Norbar said above, if equal track conditions can be maintained this should be a good one.

If it deteriorates much further I can’t see there being many line options still come down to who can ride the ruts best.

If qualis and semis are on the same day the track is going to be porridge for final. I could Google it but I don’t want to give the UCI the clicks.
Qualis and Semis are on the same day. Will post some pics tomorrow but weirdly the forecast my phone gives me is no rain or very little rain tomorrow and storms on Sunday. So the track may not get as destroyed tomorrow.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Same Danny as always. He never has craved mug on screen time while many of the other top guys simply can't get enough of their own voice. Danny just loves riding his bikes. First spoke to him when he was 13 or 14 at our National races and he'll still always say hello and asks how I'm doing if our paths cross so I've always found him friendly but can see how anyone who doesn't get his Northern vibe could see him often as quite dour and to the point or even dismissive when asked questions on camera.
Thats why he is my fave rider.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It started to rain before junior men’s quali and later semis. The track got much better thanks to yesterday’s rain so we will see how much rain it can take before getting worse

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Coulanges flated.
Pinky otb just before the finished ( safe space to crash but weird choice to take the slow line fast )

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Anna Newkirk still up there with the rest of Team USA DHSE.

What happened to Asa?
I’d love to see some more about the Contra DH bike. The enduro frame got really solid reviews and now it seems to have passed outside the zeitgeist.

Asa has a good first split, then falls way back. Probably slipped out somewhere just before second split, can’t have been too disastrous as he finished strong

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I’d love to see some more about the Contra DH bike. The enduro frame got really solid reviews and now it seems to have passed outside the zeitgeist.

Asa has a good first split, then falls way back. Probably slipped out somewhere just before second split, can’t have been too disastrous as he finished strong
He looked fast at the bottom steep section where I was so probably something minor but it's not a track where you can afford to make mistakes. Imho this is a large issue why people were so cranky about this track. It's short and only parts of it are steep so losing momentum costs you the race. It's probably really fun to ride though. At least looks like it even though some berms are almost gone.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It is a silent L
No it's not. You pronounce it like "W" in the english language. So Bielsko Biała is Bielsko Biawa.

Also szczyrk is easy. To reflect english spelling it would be Shchyrk.

What's nonsense in Polish is the grammar. The sounds are a bit weird because the spelling is but it's just weird spelling. We don't have any words with 10 silent letters like the french do.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Current forecast is for rain at 3pm local time which means possibly the earlier starters might benefit from a dry track. It's the mountains so it's never this accurate but it's worth keeping in mind

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No it's not. You pronounce it like "W" in the english language. So Bielsko Biała is Bielsko Biawa.

Also szczyrk is easy. To reflect english spelling it would be Shchyrk.

What's nonsense in Polish is the grammar. The sounds are a bit weird because the spelling is but it's just weird spelling. We don't have any words with 10 silent letters like the french do.
How do you say Shchyrk in engrish? :busted:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Ok it rains now so at least it will be equal for everyone. Ronan looks fast af but not sure if a wet track won’t mean he overcooks it since the mud here is dumb slippery and clogs the tires fast .
I feel like I’m having ptsd flashbacks from racing in this region where you struggled to keep the tires semi clean

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Your easy is different to mine. WTF is shchyrk? The big green dude in the swamp with the donkey?
I mean it's not that different to saying Shrubbery or Shrek as you suggest. Maybe that's why Shrek was so insanely succesful in Poland.

2nd by a bees dick in the EDR and then getting the gold in the E-EDR is bonkers. Who backs up a race day with a race day?? Legend
I'm bummed he didn't get factory support when he was racing DH. With some help he could have been a consistent top15-10 finisher. He was good on the splits but crashed or made mistakes too often. DH unfortunately is in a bit of a slump in PL. Much fewer riders than when I raced.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Arrgh, so close Erice!
just 0.069 in it..... their times would have put Heather and Erice into 2nd and 3rd in the elite semi, which is pretty bloody impressive!

*edit*
Shit they would have qualified for the mens finals with those times!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
the spanish commentators are describing what they see. decent, but not as good as Greg and Aaron together on the english broadcast. they speculated Troy lost time to Coulanges in the bottom natural part because he's lighter...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Highlight for me had to be Angel Suarez's slide into the berm... Some of the camera angles were awesome. (Too bad they sold the rights to Flosports here in Canada, as I'd pay for this product - for a reasonable amount)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The number of crashes makes me feel much better about racing in local Beskidy grease and having a full season of crashes mid run