Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stoney, I couldn't pick which one to quote! As a woman, I am BUSTING UP LAUGHING at my desk right now!! Let's discuss.
#1) Yep, you are totally 100% right from what I here thus far, however:
#2 You are talking about a woman. Adventurous is right. She is going to be so far past logic and so far into emotion land you won't know what hit you or why she is crying but you might just suddenly feel bad for no reason (apparent to YOU anyway). Tread carefully my friend, tread carefully!!
There is no careful where I tread. Wifey knows my logic and it rarely falters when it comes to money. When it comes down to it, selling a house and buying a new one is a trade. You don't sell when the opportunity to buy comes up. You sell to take your profits, then buy when the opportunity arises.

She has acknowledged that I have been right all along. It's just getting her to step back from the emotional and look at it as a business transaction. That involves buying an unfinished house to $100k less and building to suit. For somebody in real estate (new home sales), her inability to step back and look at the floorplan vs. the finishes is fristrating.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
She has acknowledged that I have been right all along. It's just getting her to step back from the emotional and look at it as a business transaction. That involves buying an unfinished house to $100k less and building to suit. For somebody in real estate (new home sales), her inability to step back and look at the floorplan vs. the finishes is fristrating.
I don't envy you! :agree: I hear ya, I'm sure she knows you are right too, but getting a woman to step back from the emotional is like getting a fat kid to say no to cake! :crazy: It's how we are wired, truly, I've done some reading up here and plus, I'm a chick too. I know things--I SAID I KNOW THINGS!! ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT!!??? I don't even know why I try to talk to you anymore!!!! :panic:
:girlwacko:
:drag:
:P

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
There is no careful where I tread. Wifey knows my logic and it rarely falters when it comes to money. When it comes down to it, selling a house and buying a new one is a trade. You don't sell when the opportunity to buy comes up. You sell to take your profits, then buy when the opportunity arises.

Just lead her down the path you want to take and make her think it was her idea and tell her how happy you Are to be with such a smart strong woman

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't envy you! :agree: I hear ya, I'm sure she knows you are right too, but getting a woman to step back from the emotional is like getting a fat kid to say no to cake! :crazy: It's how we are wired, truly, I've done some reading up here and plus, I'm a chick too. I know things--I SAID I KNOW THINGS!! ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT!!??? I don't even know why I try to talk to you anymore!!!! :panic:
:girlwacko:
:drag:
:P
Fun fact: Estrogen causes the brain to elevate activity in the 'emotional' part of the brain when responding to stress. Testosterone the logical parts.

Or so I read, personal experience confirms this.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Just lead her down the path you want to take and make her think it was her idea and tell her how happy you Are to be with such a smart strong woman
Fun fact: Estrogen causes the brain to elevate activity in the 'emotional' part of the brain when responding to stress. Testosterone the logical parts.

Or so I read, personal experience confirms this.
You guys BOTH win! Man, I knew I liked hanging out around here for some reason. So. Smart.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tonight's ride was epic.I raced to the trail head because of some dark clouds over head; turns out they were torrential downpour and lightening type clouds. Midway through the ride, it started storming. The exit of this place is basically straight across a ridge and then down the face of the hill. I could not see more than 5 feet in front of my wheel.

What a blast.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was planning on spending the weekend with a smart funny ladyfriend this weekend. I guess it was a matter of time but the the crazy has shown it's true level. She is completely 'freaked out' because a coworker from India has told her that she was reincarnated from a person who he knew 800 years ago. She has a fucking Phd in chemistry. Some smart people are really fucking dumb.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Was planning on spending the weekend with a smart funny ladyfriend this weekend. I guess it was a matter of time but the the crazy has shown it's true level. She is completely 'freaked out' because a coworker from India has told her that she was reincarnated from a person who he knew 800 years ago. She has a fucking Phd in chemistry. Some smart people are really fucking dumb.
And she's a yoga instructor. You are in for one Hell of a ride. Crazy sex is best sex. Well at least until it ends with a restraining order.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And she's a yoga instructor. You are in for one Hell of a ride. Crazy sex is best sex. Well at least until it ends with a restraining order.
It is more complicated with the crazy smart. As I see it, things could go equally well being obviously disingenuous to comply with the crazy, or stand ground and demonstrate a genuine and cogent argument. The path is clear to me, just a complication I would prefer not to face.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Work actually went by pretty quickly. Just spent a bit trying to chase down a steering column squeak in my M3. Think I got it sorted. Now drinking a beer, watching the Seahawks, and just ordered a Pizza. :thumb:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
After 17 years my trusty old a4 had a weird "sunroof cracked open and closed on its own" electrical gremlin tonight.

Man have I ever been lucky with that old car, but this is surely a sign of bad ($$$)things to come. :twitch: Perhaps it's time. 190k.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Also a Yoga instructor.:weee:

Which leads to the eastern mysticism bullshit. :crazy:
my wife (also a smart, phd-possessing person) has been taking yoga instructor classes from some woman who is into all that crap. i have come to fucking hate that teacher, even though I've never met her, for all of the garbage that she implants into my wife's brain.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Guess I will be in DC late January. We just got the call that on January 22 my wifes father, Major Donald Shirkey USAF, Air Commandos, 3 tours in Vietnam, will be buried with full military honors at Arlington National Cemetery

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
After 17 years my trusty old a4 had a weird "sunroof cracked open and closed on its own" electrical gremlin tonight.

Man have I ever been lucky with that old car, but this is surely a sign of bad ($$$)things to come. :twitch: Perhaps it's time. 190k.
That one is probably not so bad. A $300-$350 repair if I remember correctly.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
my wife (also a smart, phd-possessing person) has been taking yoga instructor classes from some woman who is into all that crap. i have come to fucking hate that teacher, even though I've never met her, for all of the garbage that she implants into my wife's brain.
My wife is about to start a "mindfulness" course. should I be scared?

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
My wife is about to start a "mindfulness" course. should I be scared?
Nope. What is it with you guys, mindfulness = operating in the present, which means NOT bringing up the fact that you left your skid marked undies on the floor last week when you do it again today. So it's actually a bit of leverage if you use it properly on your end. Just remember, she is not allowed to bring up past wrongs or anything that is not... now. :) Use it during rep time too... focus on my.... Have fun with it!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Lol! This is what I'm saying! I've gotten at least (how to quantify this..?) 90% better at not bringing up past wrongs since starting studying mindfulness, CBT, DBT, and books on Buddhism. It helps! Nothing is ever going to be 100% of course--once the top is really blown there is rarely any going back. It is the build up where we apply these things so that we never get to that point. :) I love self improvement!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Pretty sure the only thing that will cure the desires to bring up past wrongs and throw them in one's face is going all reverse Caitlyn Jenner. I always contend that all historians should be women. They NEVER forget.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Nope, we never forget. But we can learn to let it go. It makes for a lighter load and gentle heart :)