Quantcast

XenForo transition complete: post here with issues

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If it's going to be a fixed width, which I'm fine with for readability, then making the WYSIWYG editing controls on the quick reply box one line through hook or crook would be highly recommended. Right now it spills to 4 more than a single line for me: Chrome on Windows at the moment.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I'm actually really not sure what you mean... you had your threads sorted in reverse order? So when you clicked on a thread it was listed most recent to least recent?
Exactly. The old site had the option of showing post in reverse order that you don't have to scroll through pages of stuff you've already seen.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Exactly. The old site had the option of showing post in reverse order that you don't have to scroll through pages of stuff you've already seen.
Uh, not sure. I'll look into it but probably not today - just fixing bugs right now. I never even tried to use the old board that way.

why have likes received and reputation for posts?
Mostly because I feel as if people used the reputation function as a way to send a quick message about the post they were repping, often more than just an "I like this" message. At least, that was often how I would use it and what a lot of the rep I received consisted of.

Maybe it's not the case and they're redundant - I just didn't want to take a step backward in functionality during this upgrade.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If it's going to be a fixed width, which I'm fine with for readability, then making the WYSIWYG editing controls on the quick reply box one line through hook or crook would be highly recommended. Right now it spills to 4 more than a single line for me: Chrome on Windows at the moment.
Yep, I gotcha. I agree, and will add it to the list.

If you want, you can go into your preferences (click your username then select Preferences) and you can disable the rich text editor entirely.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Yes, I get it. you want us to have a dynamic site width. This is what we've got for the time being. There is no step backwards from the last site - it was this width, too.

I'm not bashing you, but I've heard the complaint and I understand the issue, but the ad templates require certain site parameters, and this is the constraint we have right now.
Hope springs eternal..... :)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
interesting....you can rep posts you had previously given rep to on old site...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My avatar doesn't work.
Can you try uploading it again? I changed the image processor to one that's supposed to support animated GIFs but I don't have a small GIF to try it with at work.

edit: found one, tested, animated avatars are now fixed :)

Last edited:

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
couple questions :
no more search? either in a forum or specific thread?
email notifications no longer include the actual post, just a link to the thread?

i'm probably being dumb but it just ain't makin' sense...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
couple questions :
no more search? either in a forum or specific thread?
email notifications no longer include the actual post, just a link to the thread?

i'm probably being dumb but it just ain't makin' sense...
The search is just temporarily turned off until we do the re-index tonight. I tried to do it today but it was causing problems because the server was trying to keep up with both creating the search index and regular traffic at once. It'll be re-enabled tomorrow.

The email notifications are just whatever the default is. I'll add it to the list.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
How do I get rid of avatars? I can't find it in the settings and it's hard to 'blend in' with all of them glaring.
Overlooked this the first time through. Doesn't seem to be a user by user option but I will work on something.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Tried to comment on someone's ride report and apparently comments in the ride report section need approval from mods at the moment.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It appears that somebody gave you rep for being an azzhole to me. When they make me a mod the first person I will ban is and the jerk who gave you that positive rep....
The "likes" are not the same thing as rep, you have to do that separately. Also, you can click on the list to see who it was. *cough*Iceball*cough*

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
The "likes" are not the same thing as rep, you have to do that separately. Also, you can click on the list to see who it was. *cough*Iceball*cough*
Throwing me under the bus huh...

Only liked it cause the courtsey phone will be mine, all mine!!! :monkeydance:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Throwing me under the bus huh...

Only liked it cause the courtsey phone will be mine, all mine!!! :monkeydance:
About the only reason I might need access to the courtesy phone is so that Stinkle could warn me when I say your instead of you're or when I plow JBP's driveway....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Also, posts per page. too many pages now.
I set the maximum number of posts per page to the maximum (40) that you could set them to on vBulletin. So what you're seeing here was the minimum number of pages you could ever see on vB.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
[QUOTBinary visions, post: 4000416, member: 2813"]I set the maximum number of posts per page to the maximum (40) that you could set them to on vBulletin. So what you're seeing here was the minimum number of pages you could ever see on vB.[/QUOTE]
Huh. Probably the avatars making things too big then.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tried to make a change to my profile and got all this mumbo jumbo;

Code:
The following error occurred:
unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes 1.XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
2.unserialize() in XenForo/Model/UserChangeLog.php at line 45
3.XenForo_Model_UserChangeLog->logChanges() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 2811
4.XenForo_Model_User->logChanges() in XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 1047
5.XenForo_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 18
6.Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in Borbole/Reputation/DataWriter/User.php at line 18
7.Borbole_Reputation_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
8.XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 313
9.XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPersonalDetailsSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
10.XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
11.XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/ridemonkey/index.php at line 13

I am currently without gender. This saddens me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We reserve the right to demonstrate peacefully and be so totally enduro that you may not be able to understand how enduro we actually are. Be careful....