Quantcast

Health Care Reform is Dead

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
^^^^^And it's *ALL* the fault of the ACA?

I mean, it's not like nationwide premiums were up only 4% this year or anything...

:think:

Yeah, something else is going on here. My wife works in a small office of ~50 people, and a couple high-risk people (quadruple bypass, etc) basically screw over everyone else. It'd actually be about the same for us to go buy health insurance on our own (and forego the company contribution) than it is to stick with the company health plans... All it would take would be for one of those, uh, proud Americans to have undergone *something* last year for all their rates to skyrocket.

Either that or they were offering such ****ty "insurance" that it's no wonder that rates went up...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i wonder why ins companies care about smoking, but don't adjust rates based upon diet, corpulence, excessive alcohol consumption, and other obvious risk factors.

wanna keep your rates in check? don't turn in a hot UA every month & keep your HDL down.

opt in for something like that & we'll turn this around in a few yrs or so.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i wonder why ins companies care about smoking, but don't adjust rates based upon diet, corpulence, excessive alcohol consumption, and other obvious risk factors.

wanna keep your rates in check? don't turn in a hot UA every month & keep your HDL down.

it's coming (for obesity at least)

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Like nazi germany? You just can't cut out the parts of society you don't like.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I'm guessing that this will be remembered as the court that had the most overturned rulings in another ~20 years.
and i'm guessing the voters who would put these people in power would have been flushed away or aborted

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
The democratic party will never endorse Elizabeth Warren. The way she's threatened the wall street types, she might as well be an Ebola monkey.
VP choice then? Hillary's going to have to shore up her Liberal base somehow, the same way that Mittens and McCain did. Warren is an intelligent person who would demolish anybody the GOP puts up in a debate (ie, far superior to Palin), and also hasn't said anything so inflammatory that it could be used against her (ie, far superior to Paul Ryan).

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
VP choice then? Hillary's going to have to shore up her Liberal base somehow, the same way that Mittens and McCain did. Warren is an intelligent person who would demolish anybody the GOP puts up in a debate (ie, far superior to Palin), and also hasn't said anything so inflammatory that it could be used against her (ie, far superior to Paul Ryan).
i give her plus marks on emotional intelligence & ability to engage, but as a raw number, she's not head & shoulders above others who are seeking nomination (or are qualified to seek it).

as to her lack inflammation, look for her false claim of heritage to find new life. it will make birthers jizz. in. their. pants.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
addendumb: it will make hillary supporters into de-facto birthers

wapo & boston herald made her circle the wagons once when she was already on the election warpath.

white people: can they catch a break?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Yeah, I think Warren missed a huge opportunity there. During the debate if she'd said:

"Look, you can stand here and argue about whether the pigment of my skin matches your expectations, but I'm going to use my time here to talk about unemployment, universal health care, access to family planning and all of the other important issues that Massachusetts residents care about instead."

The debate (and election) would have been over. Allowing herself to get dragged down into the muck was a huge mistake on her part, and she *still* beat a sitting US Senator....

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
oh, the *_government_* says it's too early to draw conclusions?

well then

"Get your politics out of my bedroom!"
"Not a problem. I'm just going to grab my wallet before I leave."
"The wallet stays, bigot."

but i wonder, will this conservative refrain change tunes once they stop going after "whores" and go after "the base with a BMI hovering around 40"? turnabout, if anything, is fair play